"MILAN - As I've always wanted to visit" Top 5 Page for this destination Milan by Diana75
Milan Travel Guide: 2,885 reviews and 7,326 photos
April 2007 update:
A Saturday evening and half of Sunday in Milan is not much, but is just the perfect alternative to the long hours in the transit airports in case of a flight directed to Torino (the final destination of my trip).
And suddenly, carrying my (always) heavy luggage from Malpensa to the station and then to Torino and back was worth the pain.
This time I was lucky!
I've added to my list Santa Maria delle Grazie (the works were finally finished and the church opened), Sant'Ambrogio, Corso Buenos Aires (unfortunately my luggage was already full), Porta Venezia and the Public Gardens and all those beautiful palaces on Corso Venezia.
As Milan lately became a constant destination in my agenda, I already have some plans for the next visit: climbing the dome (easy, but I missed it so far), a night at Scala Theater (I'll have to save some money for the ticket) and a football game on San Siro (after the experience on Stadio Olimpico in Rome, considering that AC Milan is my favourite Italian football team and maybe this time they will score, why not)?
A week in Milan...
Great! I said.
I've always dreamt to explore better the town that fascinates me since my first visit in 1996.
The truth is that most of the tourists coming to Italy don't spend much time in Milan.
One of the world capitals of fashion and one of the major financial and business centers in Europe, Milan is not usually seen as a tourist's attraction. Or at least not as much as other important cities in Italy.
The Dome, the Scala Theater, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, The Last Supper and Sforzesco Castle... how many tourists visit more than this in Milan?
I've also did this mistake twice when visiting Milan, due to the lack of time or many other reasons that stopped me from spending more time here.
And so, this was my biggest chance!
Once you start to explore Milan, you notice that there are so many places to see.
If I needed another confirmation, my week was not enough to do everything I wanted!
My biggest disappointment was that some of the monuments I?ve wanted to see are currently going through extensive restorations and were partially or entirely covered.
As for the Dome, I still had in mind its stunning image seen in 1996. But seeing Santa Maria delle Grazie or the Royal Palace also covered was a bit frustrating.
Maybe next time I?ll be luckier!
- See All Wedding Photos
- See All Morning traffic
- See All Stazione centrale ? luggage deposit
- See All Cimitero Monumentale
- See All Show on the streets
Diana75's Related Pages
Milan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MILAN - As I've always wanted to visit"
- "Home sweet home!"
- "La Dolce Vita In Milano ;-)"
- "Milan - surprising and fascinating"
- "Visconti? Sforza? Leonardo? Just Milan!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Milan
- Hotels in Milan
- Transportation in Milan
- Nightlife in Milan
- Restaurants in Milan
- Shopping in Milan
- Warnings and Dangers in Milan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Milan
- 149 Reviews
- 386 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Milan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Milan
- updated a Milan Travel Page "MILAN - As I've always wanted to visit"
- Uploaded a Photo to "MILAN - As I've always wanted to visit"
- Posted in Travel Malta Forum "Re: Everybody who has travelled..."
- Wrote a Review Milano maraton in Milan Sports & Outdoors
- Commented on one of cheezecake_deli's Milan travel pages
Photos in MilanSee All Photos (386)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 149 reviews, 386 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 115 reviews, 413 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 75 reviews, 251 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 70 reviews, 216 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 70 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egypt Intro, 65 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 55 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Treviso Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vicenza Intro, 52 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Curtea de Arges Intro, 33 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues