"MILAN - As I've always wanted to visit" Top 5 Page for this destination Milan by Diana75

Milan Travel Guide: 2,839 reviews and 7,127 photos

April 2007 update:

A Saturday evening and half of Sunday in Milan is not much, but is just the perfect alternative to the long hours in the transit airports in case of a flight directed to Torino (the final destination of my trip).
And suddenly, carrying my (always) heavy luggage from Malpensa to the station and then to Torino and back was worth the pain.

This time I was lucky!
I've added to my list Santa Maria delle Grazie (the works were finally finished and the church opened), Sant'Ambrogio, Corso Buenos Aires (unfortunately my luggage was already full), Porta Venezia and the Public Gardens and all those beautiful palaces on Corso Venezia.

As Milan lately became a constant destination in my agenda, I already have some plans for the next visit: climbing the dome (easy, but I missed it so far), a night at Scala Theater (I'll have to save some money for the ticket) and a football game on San Siro (after the experience on Stadio Olimpico in Rome, considering that AC Milan is my favourite Italian football team and maybe this time they will score, why not)…

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

May 2006:

A week in Milan...
Great! I said.

I've always dreamt to explore better the town that fascinates me since my first visit in 1996.

The truth is that most of the tourists coming to Italy don't spend much time in Milan.

One of the world capitals of fashion and one of the major financial and business centers in Europe, Milan is not usually seen as a tourist's attraction. Or at least not as much as other important cities in Italy.

The Dome, the Scala Theater, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, The Last Supper and Sforzesco Castle... how many tourists visit more than this in Milan?

I've also did this mistake twice when visiting Milan, due to the lack of time or many other reasons that stopped me from spending more time here.

And so, this was my biggest chance!

Once you start to explore Milan, you notice that there are so many places to see.
If I needed another confirmation, my week was not enough to do everything I wanted!

My biggest disappointment was that some of the monuments I’ve wanted to see are currently going through extensive restorations and were partially or entirely covered.
As for the Dome, I still had in mind its stunning image seen in 1996. But seeing Santa Maria delle Grazie or the Royal Palace also covered was a bit frustrating.
Maybe next time I’ll be luckier!

• Last visit to Milan: Oct 2007
  • Intro Updated Nov 9, 2007

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2010 at 2:57 PM

You certainly show the great sites for this city and the comments very helpful. Nice presentation.

• eriksson977's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Hello Diana, Outstanding pages. Thanks for the virtual tour. Tomas Eriksson :)

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Great Milan tips! I'm looking forward to my trip next week and hope to visit the roof of the Dome!

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2008 at 10:20 AM

Salut! Am fost patru zile in Milano si l-am iubit prea mult! Am vazut multe biserice si multi muzei. Pacate ca putini turisti vizita Milano. Ei cred ca este numai un oras industrial, dar nu-i dreptate... Spero di riuscire a fare una bella pagina.

• lina112's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2008 at 3:42 PM

There are too many places to visit in Milan. Fantastic page. Lina

• chrissy_11's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2007 at 10:02 PM

Cheers from Oz. My son and I recently returned from Italy and found the ticket machines extremely helpful. Waiting in line is useless sometimes, because of the lack of English speaking employees. PATIENCE is SO important!!

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2007 at 3:42 AM

You have very nice page for Milan . Thanks

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2007 at 8:33 AM

Enjoyed this wonderful page on Milan. Such attention to detail. The churches certainly are quiet beautiful aren't they! Bravo. Ciao bella.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2007 at 5:56 AM

Wow, what a wonderful guide for Milano :-)) I was there once and always wanted to go back, maybe soon, as I have friends there :-) Then all you wrote here will be a big help :-))) smiles from Germany :-)

• Mar 17, 2007 at 5:51 AM

Great photos!!! :)) I really enjoyed that site! thank for sharing :)

Diana75

“Happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it solely depends on what you think”

Badges & Stats in Milan