"Geiranger - Pearl of the fjords" Top 5 Page for this destination Geiranger by Diana75
Geiranger Travel Guide: 168 reviews and 487 photos
Geiranger fjord is perhaps the world's most famous fjord.
Located in the heart of the fjord, the small village of Geiranger with its 300 residents is a wonderful site surrounded by high mountain peaks, impressive waterfalls, green vegetation and the deep turquoise waters of the fjord.
The first cruise ship arrived in Geiranger in 1869 and since then this place became the favorite destination for normal tourists or queens, kings and Kaisers.
The wonderful mountain road - Strynefjellsveien - coming from Stryn, is surrounded by high mountains covered by white snow even during summer months.
Geirangervegen is the name of the last part of the road, just before Geiranger, and has no more than 38 bends.
Coming from north:
The ones who want to reach Geiranger arriving from Alesund will take the wonderful Orneveien (The Eagles Road) with wonderful view points or the famous Trollstigvegen if they come from Andalsnes.
This is certainly the best way for admiring Geiranger's landscape with the beautiful fjord and stunning waterfalls, because some of its beauties can be admired only by boat.
-> Geiranger Octagonal Church, built in 1842 and decorated by Einar Flydal and Martin Molsaeter, is located in a wonderful area with a stunning view across the fjord;
-> Geiranger Geological Park is a unique park with waterfalls and scenic beauty;
-> Skagefla is an abandoned fjord-farm located in beautiful surroundings on the slopes above the Geiranger Fjord. The farm became famous when Queen Sonja and King Harald invited over 30 guests to lunch in the farm courtyard when they celebrated their silver wedding in 1993
-> The Bride's Veil and The 7 Sisters waterfalls can be admired from ferries tours and fjord cruises (the tallest of these has a free fall of 250 meters)
Even in August it's pretty cold in the fjords region and on the mountains picks there is also snow. If you climb the... more travel advice
Geiranger is famous also for the beautiful waterfalls in the area. Everybody is talking about the stunning Seven... more travel advice
Diana75's Related Pages
Geiranger Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The amazing colour of the Geiranger fjord"
- "Geiranger Fjord and the Roof of Norway"
- "Geiranger the irresistible"
- "STEEP MOUNTAINS - MAJESTIC SCENERY"
- "Geiranger - Pearl of the fjords"
- "The most beautiful fjord of Norway"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Geiranger
- Hotels in Geiranger
- Transportation in Geiranger
- Shopping in Geiranger
- Warnings and Dangers in Geiranger
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Geiranger
- 12 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Geiranger?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Geiranger
- Posted in Travel Malta Forum "Re: Everybody who has travelled..."
- Wrote a Review Definitely a warm coat in Geiranger What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "Definitely a warm coat"
- Commented on one of Cristian_Uluru's Geiranger travel pages
- updated a Geiranger Travel Page "Geiranger - Pearl of the fjords"
Photos in GeirangerSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 149 reviews, 386 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 115 reviews, 413 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 75 reviews, 251 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 70 reviews, 216 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 70 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egypt Intro, 65 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 55 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Treviso Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vicenza Intro, 52 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Curtea de Arges Intro, 33 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (29)
Latest Geiranger hotel reviews