""Treviso che di chiare fontane tutta ride"" Top 5 Page for this destination Treviso by Diana75

Treviso Travel Guide: 211 reviews and 742 photos

For a couple of years Treviso was a constant destination of my trips to Italy due to the direct flight from Bucharest.

At that time I was thinking that two hours in town were enough for the final shopping and a walk.

Later I discovered that Treviso it is actually the core of the most industrialized region of Italy (just to mention that the headquarters of Benetton are close to Treviso) and its small old town is a real jewel.

The beautiful Piazza dei Signori with Palazzo dei Trecento, Torre Civica and Loggia dei Cavalieri, the three gates to the mediaeval town: Porta S. Tommaso in the north, Porta S. Quaranta in the west and Porta Altinia in the south, the magnificent San Nicolo' and San Francesco churches, but also the Cathedral, are just a small part of the things that shouldn’t be missed in Treviso.

And my last two days spent in town made me realize that Dante was right when he said that Treviso is a smiling town:

"Treviso che di chiare fontane tutta ride, e del piacer d'amor che quivi è fino"

• Last visit to Treviso: May 2006
  • Intro Updated Nov 14, 2006

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2010 at 10:06 AM

We had a one day short trip to there, and wished more time allowed to see all the sties you featured. YOur pictures and comments are nice.

• eriksson977's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2010 at 6:45 AM

Hello Diana, Nice pages and thank you very much for those pages. Happy new year to all of you. Tomas Eriksson :)

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Hi! your tips and pics of Treviso are great-a pity that you didn't get to see inside Chiesa di S. Martino (the round church) I loved it-a great surprise. Best Wishes, Sue

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2008 at 3:51 AM

Great Treviso page. at the beginning it was for me only an overnight stay alternative when visiting Venice but later I noticed its outstanding charme. I come back - and if it is only for a short stroll and an "ombra"

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2007 at 10:11 AM

Very good page. Ciao!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2007 at 1:37 PM

Great presentation of beautiful architecture + info (I didn't know that tiramisu is from Treviso, too! I am lucky to find Molinetto di Treviso :-). Haha, once i stopped in Treviso and took short walk around, the only picture I took way just by the mill.

• Jan 23, 2007 at 9:25 AM

Hi! thanks for stopping by... Greay page on Treviso! I live near here!!! Kisses from Italy, Francesca

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2006 at 8:18 AM

This is magnificient. You have captured the spirit of Treviso and its architecture, culture, and people. I found these pages to be outstanding with brilliant photographs.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2006 at 4:21 AM

Really great pictures of a medieval town enhanced by canals. I still think American homemade ice cream better than the Italian ones I tried. May be wrong place. Cheers, SL

• Nov 19, 2006 at 10:56 AM

Beautiful pictures, Diana! Hope you are doing ok out there. Keep warm and 'njoy the rest of the week ahead!

Diana75

“Happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it solely depends on what you think”

Badges & Stats in Treviso

Have you been to Treviso?

Latest Activity in Treviso