"Vicenza - "Venezia on terra firma"" Top 5 Page for this destination Vicenza by Diana75
Vicenza Travel Guide: 314 reviews and 856 photos
Everything in Vicenza is about Palladio. You cannot even mention the name of the town and not say that, due to this great architect, Vicenza probably has more monumental buildings per inhabitant than any other city in Italy.
Palladio transformed Vicenza into the glorious Renaissance town of our days and just walking down Vicenza's main boulevard, Corso Andrea Palladio, and admiring the remarkable Renaissance palaces and Palladian facades, you can understand why Vicenza’s nickname is "Venezia on terra firma" (“Venice on solid ground” in English).
16 out of the 23 Villas projected by Palladio were built around Vicenza and their important value was recognized by the World Heritage of UNESCO.
I stopped in Vicenza for the first time in 2002 but my 2-day business trip didn’t let me enough time to visit the town. Despite this, my first stop was enough to understand that Vicenza definitely deserves a closer look.
Equipped with a detailed guide and a good map, ignoring the risk that I might not arrive to Milan due to the railway strike (another one!!!), I stopped again in Vicenza in May 2006 and I let myself overwhelmed by the beauty of this city.
The beautiful garden at the entrance to the Olympic Theater is an oasis of peace, with flowers, statues and trees... more travel advice
I have visited Vicenza for the first time at the end of the year, before Christmas, and I still remember the wonderful... more travel advice
Diana75's Related Pages
Vicenza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VICENZA - Andrea Palladio's town"
- "Vicenza - "Venezia on terra firma""
- "Build Well with Palladio touch"
- "Hello Palladio, looking for Tiepolo, and finding!"
- "Citta Del Palladio"
- "Vicenza, Citta di Palladio"
- "Vicenza; home of Palladio and his architecture"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vicenza
- Hotels in Vicenza
- Transportation in Vicenza
- Nightlife in Vicenza
- Restaurants in Vicenza
- Shopping in Vicenza
- Warnings and Dangers in Vicenza
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vicenza
- 52 Reviews
- 122 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Vicenza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vicenza
- Posted in Travel Malta Forum "Re: Everybody who has travelled..."
- updated a Vicenza Travel Page "Vicenza - "Venezia on terra firma""
- Uploaded a Photo to "Palazzo Cavalloni-Thiene"
- Commented on one of iandsmith's Vicenza travel pages
- Wrote a Review Giardino di Piazza Matteotti in Vicenza Off The Beaten Path
Photos in VicenzaSee All Photos (122)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 149 reviews, 386 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 115 reviews, 413 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 75 reviews, 251 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 70 reviews, 216 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 70 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egypt Intro, 65 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 55 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Treviso Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vicenza Intro, 52 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Curtea de Arges Intro, 33 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues