"Selcuk and St. John Basilica" Top 5 Page for this destination Selcuk by Diana75
Selcuk Travel Guide: 323 reviews and 860 photos
Close to an important ancient place such as Ephesus or to a significant pilgrimage place such as Virgin Mary’s House, the pretty town Selcuk is worth a visit also for its surrounds of a superb natural beauty.
With the name coming from the Turkish tribes settled in the region by the 12th century, Selcuk is a wonderful mix of elements from ancient times.
Its main attractions are the Ephesus Museum, the St. John Basilica and the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, but the small village “Sirince”, located at 8km east of Selcuk, is also attracting a lot of visitors due to its spectacular view from a mountain.
Selcuk is also famous for the festivals held here every year.
The Ephesus International Festival, held in May; The Camel Wrestling Festival, on the third weekend of January and the Rite ceremonies at the House of Virgin Mary held every year on the 15th of August are only some of them.
For the ones who love the sun and beach, Pamucak is the best option near Selcuk (9km away from the town), but also Kusadasi can be easily reach.
In just a few words: a wonderful place that shouldn’t be missed!
The Grotto is located on the northern slopes of Mount Pion, near Ephesus and it's an important site for both Christians... more travel advice
Located on the Aegean Sea, Ephesus was an important center of commerce in ancient times. Today Ephesus is one of the... more travel advice
Diana75's Related Pages
Selcuk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Selchuk... CHOK GYUZEL!"
- "A GREAT LITTLE TOWN"
- "Diamonds in the Rough"
- "Selcuk and St. John Basilica"
- "EPHESUS – ROMAN CAPITAL OF ASIA"
- "Selcuk---Home to an Ancient Wonder of the World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Selcuk
- Hotels in Selcuk
- Transportation in Selcuk
- Nightlife in Selcuk
- Restaurants in Selcuk
- Shopping in Selcuk
- Warnings and Dangers in Selcuk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Selcuk
- 18 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Selcuk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Selcuk
Photos in SelcukSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 149 reviews, 386 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 115 reviews, 413 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 75 reviews, 251 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 70 reviews, 216 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 70 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egypt Intro, 65 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 55 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Treviso Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vicenza Intro, 52 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Curtea de Arges Intro, 33 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues