Paris Off The Beaten Path Tips by Diana75
Paris Off The Beaten Path: 1,987 reviews and 4,144 photos
Rue du Calvaire
A real nightmare going home everyday, isn't it?
They couldn't find another name more appropriate for this street than "Rue du Calvaire".
At least the locals don't need to go to gym anymore...
Just wandering in Montmartre was a real delight because we had the chance to discover funny / interesting places like this one.
Tristan Tzara’s house in Montmartre
As I mentioned before, we didn't plan anything when we've visited Montmartre, that's why our pleasure to discover different places, monuments, historic buildings was bigger.
Wandering in Montmartre we found on a street Tristan Tzara's house made by the architect Adolf Loos.
Cathedrale St-Croix de Paris
Seeing the name in the guide, I thought initially that I'll see a huge church in the heart of Le Marais.
Cathedrale Ste-Croix-de-Paris is actually a small church built in 1624 as a Capuchin monastery chapel.
The church is now the church of the Armenian comunity.
Address: Rue Charlot
Paris from Centre Georges Pompidou
One of the things that I liked the most in Paris is the fact that you can admire wonderful views of the town from different high points (Tour Eiffel, Tour Montparnasse, Notre-Dame's towers or Sacre-Coeur).
Here is one from the 5th floor of Centre Georges Pompidou, from the entrance to the exhibition.
10th Arrondissement Town Hall
What is sure in Paris is that the town is full of wonderful historic buildings.
In every corner you can find another new beautiful building, sometimes not even mentioned in a guide.
Some of these buildings are the arrondissements town halls, because not only Hotel de Ville, Paris town hall is breathtaking, but also the 10th arrondissement town hall (former Chateau d'Eau) or 1st arrondissement town hall are as beautiful as Hotel de Ville.
Musee de la Curiosite et de la Magie
Paris is a town full of museums.
In Le Marais we have discovered on a street Musee de la Curiosite et de la Magie. The entrance is quite small and hidden and it can be easily missed.
Unfortunately it was our last morning in Paris and it was closed in the morning, but I've heart that the museum displays an interesting collection of objects related to this art.
11 rue Saint-Paul
Sunday market in Place de la Bastille
I have found this small and colorful Sunday market in Place de la Concorde and I really enjoyed the walk through the stands full of fresh fruits, vegetables or sea fruits.
It was our last day in Paris and we couldn’t buy anything but I think that for the ones living in the neighborhood it is a good place for shopping.
Place Dalida in Montmartre
In 1997, the angle of the rues Girardon and Abreuvoir in the Butte Montmartre in Paris was inaugurated as "Place Dalida" in memory of this great singer.
In a corner a life-size bust of Dalida was erected.
This beautiful church, named after St Germanus, Bishop of Auxerre in the 5C, is located in Place du Louvre and is dominated by an interesting combination of architectural styles: Romanesque (belfry), Gothic (chancel), Flamboyant (porch and nave) and Renaissance (doorway).
St-Germain became parish church in the 14C when the Valois moved to Louvre.
Important painters (Coypel, Chardin), architects (Le Vau, Soufflot), sculptors (Coysevox) and poets (Jodelle, Malherbe) are buried in this church.
More Reviews (106)
- See All Saint-Germain-des-Pres
- See All PAUL – The master of quiche-lorrain
- See All Huge outlet near Disney Land
- See All Problems when buying Carte...
- See All Beauvais Airport
Diana75's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "JE SUIS CHARLIE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 115 Reviews
- 413 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 45 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Posted in Travel Malta Forum "Re: Everybody who has travelled..."
- Commented on one of Luchonda's Paris travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visiting Arc de Triomphe by night"
- Wrote a Review Saint-Germain-des-Pres about St-Germain des Près in Paris Things to Do
- updated a Paris Travelogue "Musee d'Orsay"
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (413)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 149 reviews, 386 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 115 reviews, 413 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 75 reviews, 251 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 70 reviews, 216 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 70 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egypt Intro, 65 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 55 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Treviso Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vicenza Intro, 52 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Curtea de Arges Intro, 33 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (29)
- Eiffel Tower- 820 Reviews, 1,429 Photos
- Montmartre - Sacré Coeur- 594 Reviews, 1,074 Photos
- Notre Dame de Paris- 652 Reviews, 1,336 Photos
- Louvre- 790 Reviews, 1,576 Photos
- Arc de Triomphe- 439 Reviews, 771 Photos
- Musée d'Orsay- 274 Reviews, 553 Photos
- Latin Quarter- 96 Reviews, 256 Photos
- Place de la Concorde- 166 Reviews, 319 Photos
- Catacombes- 55 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Sainte-Chapelle- 145 Reviews, 357 Photos
See All Paris Things to Do