"Annapolis Royal" Top 5 Page for this destination Annapolis Royal by easterntrekker

Annapolis Royal Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 91 photos

Located in the beautiful Annapolis Valley or just "the Valley " as most people around here refer to it , Annapolis Royal is a wonderful day trip from Halifax.

A cool Main Street

You have to love this main street . I know the town was settled in the 1600's but the artsey small town main street reminds me more of what I thought it would be like to live in the 1940's.

A town with history

This historic town was originall settled in the 1600's by the French . It has a really different flair than the other little "Valley " towns in NS and we always enjoy our excursion there!!

• Pros:An historic town in a beautiful area
  • Cons:None that I know
  • In a nutshell:More than just another farming /fishing town
  • Last visit to Annapolis Royal: Aug 2007
  • Intro Written Aug 13, 2007

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2012 at 9:10 PM

A lovely page! What beautiful painted pottery, I would enjoy browsing in that store!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Fort Anne National Historic Site, Hillsdale House Inn, and that lovley garden would all be on my list of things to see too! Beautiful page Anita. Have a lovely day!

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2009 at 2:37 PM

I find it so annoying VT does not have a "garden" tip facility. Enjoyed seeing this place.

• Camping_Girl's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2009 at 8:46 PM

This looks like a lovely town!

• ricky52's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2008 at 6:35 PM

From one Halifaxer to another. Great page and tips. Your Halifax looks more interesting than mine. lol

easterntrekker

“see the world or bust.”

Badges & Stats in Annapolis Royal

Have you been to Annapolis Royal?

Latest Activity in Annapolis Royal