"A small place with a huge heart" Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Breton Island by easterntrekker

Cape Breton Island Travel Guide: 169 reviews and 438 photos

The Ocean

When in Cape Breton the ocean is never far away . As a child I fell asleep comforted by the fog horn...to me its forlorn wail meant home and safety!

The music

The next thing that comes to mind is the music. When there is a gathering of two or more for whatever the occasion a guitar or a harp is sure to appear . Its never hard to find a singer either !

My homey homeland

Its hard to believe that it has taken me this long to finally start working on this page. After all Cape Breton is where I was born and grew up. In many ways it'll always be home to me.

I'll try my best to write some pages that will allow the warmth and beauty of this special island come through. Not sure if I can do it.

I guess the first there is the natural beauty. There are rolling hills and mountains, a coastline that is everchanging and many lakes and of course the Mira River.
Cape Breton voted 2nd best naturally beautiful place on Earth: National Geographic Traveler, "Destinations Scorecard: 115 Places Rated"

• Pros:Home , friendly, welcoming and beautiful
  • Cons:Absolutely none
  • In a nutshell:No matter how far I wander you will always be with me
  • Last visit to Cape Breton Island: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 2, 2007

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Cape Breton and the national park has been eluding us for sometimes now. a trip to this great scenic area is our dream trip. you have great tips and pictures on this page. thanks for sharing and re-energizing me to visit.

• MikeBird's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Your tips brought back happy memories of our holiday in Baddeck in 2005. Many thanks, Mike

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2008 at 6:16 PM

What a great place to be from. Natural beauty, wonder Mira River, all the outdoor activities. Outstanding "things to do" tips.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2007 at 12:33 PM

You must miss Cape Breton! I never saw the Mira but do know the song :) thanks for the words!

easterntrekker Was Born Here!

easterntrekker

“see the world or bust.”

Badges & Stats in Cape Breton Island

Have you been to Cape Breton Island?

Latest Activity in Cape Breton Island