"A small place with a huge heart" Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Breton Island by easterntrekker
Cape Breton Island Travel Guide: 169 reviews and 438 photos
When in Cape Breton the ocean is never far away . As a child I fell asleep comforted by the fog horn...to me its forlorn wail meant home and safety!
The next thing that comes to mind is the music. When there is a gathering of two or more for whatever the occasion a guitar or a harp is sure to appear . Its never hard to find a singer either !
Its hard to believe that it has taken me this long to finally start working on this page. After all Cape Breton is where I was born and grew up. In many ways it'll always be home to me.
I'll try my best to write some pages that will allow the warmth and beauty of this special island come through. Not sure if I can do it.
I guess the first there is the natural beauty. There are rolling hills and mountains, a coastline that is everchanging and many lakes and of course the Mira River.
Cape Breton voted 2nd best naturally beautiful place on Earth: National Geographic Traveler, "Destinations Scorecard: 115 Places Rated"
- Pros:Home , friendly, welcoming and beautiful
- Cons:Absolutely none
- In a nutshell:No matter how far I wander you will always be with me
Many people earn their livlihood by fishing in Cape Breton . Its not surprising that sport fishing is a big passtime in... more travel advice
If you like to camp there are lots of choices all over Cape Breton . Along with other tourists you'll be sure to meet... more travel advice
easterntrekker's Related Pages
Cape Breton Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Ciad Mile Failte" Welcome to Cape Breton"
- "MooseSpotting in Cape Breton Highlands"
- "A small place with a huge heart"
- "Cape Breton in autumn"
- "CAPE BRETON ISLAND"
- "I'll take the high road"
- "My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape Breton Island
- Hotels in Cape Breton Island
- Transportation in Cape Breton Island
- Nightlife in Cape Breton Island
- Restaurants in Cape Breton Island
- Shopping in Cape Breton Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Cape Breton Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cape Breton Island
- 23 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Cape Breton Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Breton Island
- Posted in Travel The Bahamas Forum "Re: Best beach bars in Bahamas"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Watch for Moose"
- updated a Cape Breton Island Travel Page "A small place with a huge heart"
- Wrote a Review Go Fishing in Cape Breton Island Things to Do
- Commented on one of Aafia's Cape Breton Island travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 77 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 73 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 40 reviews, 89 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 41 reviews, 77 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tonga Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 36 reviews, 63 photos
- Vienna Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos