"Egypt At Last" Egypt by easterntrekker
Egypt Travel Guide: 16,224 reviews and 41,644 photos
Arriving In Cairo
Cairo is a hectic , confusing and bustling airport. It seemed very foreign to us even though we have traveled to 70 countries .
I have to admit I had a hard time deciding which tour company to use. I wanted to book with an Egyptian company but there are so many . Some good and some not so good. The Egyptian tourist office has a list of registered agencies that will bid on the trip you want . So I started with that. Wow as soon as I put in the request I received tons of replies.
Eventually with reference checking and comparisons I settled on the agency that seemed right for me.
We booked our trip in Egypt with Five Star Travel and we were pleased to see our agent ,Tamer waiting for us and we were surprised to see he was permitted to wait inside the customs area.
Tamer really was a help with obtaining our visas which to our surprise you buy at the money exchange place . He handed our $15.00 and our passports to the guy in the wicket and without even looking at our information they handed over our visa. Glad we didn’t go through the trouble of applying before we left home.
Customs clearance was also pretty fast and we were on our way.
The 30 minute drive to our hotel went by quickly as we caught our first glimpse of the famous city of Cairo. I thought it looked quite European and it is a mix of the new ,old and ancient. We saw many impressive grand buildings that were built over generations as well as extremely poor and shabby areas. Tamer did a wonderful job explaining the sights we were seeing but by now I was so exhausted many of the details escaped me.
- Pros:Pyramids, Desert, Nile and More
- Cons:Security Concerns
- In a nutshell:A trip of a Lifetime
Visiting High Dam We’re greeted to this rather drab area by a modern monument, which was built as a tribute to the joint... more travel advice
We notice the high water marks on the temple walls. There is much to see here including lots of well-preserved... more travel advice
easterntrekker's Related Pages
Egypt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EGYPT - DECODING THE PAST"
- "Egypt- "Welcome to Egypt, Where's my tip? ""
- "Small pieces of a beautiful dream"
- "Another point of view on history of Egypt"
- "Paul2001's Egypt Page"
- "Nile Cruise- experience the Pharaonic times &Sharm"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Egypt
- Hotels in Egypt
- Transportation in Egypt
- Nightlife in Egypt
- Restaurants in Egypt
- Shopping in Egypt
- Warnings and Dangers in Egypt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Egypt
- 31 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 25 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Egypt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Egypt
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 77 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 73 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 40 reviews, 89 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 41 reviews, 77 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tonga Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 36 reviews, 63 photos
- Vienna Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos