"Halifax MY Home Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax by easterntrekker

Halifax Travel Guide: 994 reviews and 1,930 photos

I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia . If you haven't been here , it's a must for your travel "to go list".
We are an ocean province ....so if you like the water ....this is the spot to be . ...many great beaches ( although.... a little cool most of the summer unless you head for one of the many lakes ), lots of fishing and boating and whale watching...right from the Halifax harbour front.
Oh and of course the seafood....did I mention we have the best lobster found anywhere. ...we get a kick out of dining in France and finding Nova Scotia lobster on the menu.
Lots of unspoiled beauty...many trails for bilking or hiking.

There is lots of music here as well . Our Celtic Heritage comes through and has turned out some pretty good musicians...any night of the week you will hear live music from many of the downtown pubs and clubs.

Travelling furthur east ...is Cape Breton . This is a about a 3 hour drive and well worth it to see the beautiful Bras d'or Lakes ( which is really an inland sea) complete with white cliffs.

• Pros:natural beauty, friendly people, great food, great music, lovely summers and fall
  • Cons:cold wet springs and long wet winters
  • In a nutshell:A must for any one interested in natural beauty
  • Intro Updated Sep 5, 2005

Travelogues (1)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM

A nice introduction to your hometown. I like the looks of the cycle trail and the beaches.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2012 at 2:31 AM

There are so many similarities between our countries, Anita :) Whales, puffins etc. I have never been to this part of Canada, only Ottawa, Toronto and Québec. One of my VT-friends just moved to Halifax from Ottawa, Laila "Coollikethis". Have you met her?

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Nice tips!

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2011 at 11:18 AM

We absolutely loved our visit to your hometown, Anita. Wonderful place.

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Ive ALWAYS enjoyed my visits to Halifax...ok except for when Ive gotten STUCK on the MicMac Rotary...I like the idea of the "seabus" instead.Glad you enjoyed Hoi An pages....would you return to Vietnam again sometime???

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Lovely city indeed I liked a lot!

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Excellent travel page of your home city with stunning photographs. Historic Properties, North End and the waterfront certainly look wonderful to visit and explore. Thanks for the virtual tour. ~ho & pang

• Jul 21, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Hi the screen to ask a question isn't coming up. Can you tell me can you see the whales from Bayswater beach?

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2009 at 6:19 PM

There is so much to see and do in Halifax. I really have to pay a visit to your beautiful place Anita. I have to do it sooner than later. Thanks for sharing.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Anita, I would love to see the autumn leaves in Halifax one day. My wife is from Ottawa, a fellow Canadian. Regards, Larry

easterntrekker Lives Here!

easterntrekker

“see the world or bust.”

Badges & Stats in Halifax

Have you been to Halifax?

Latest Activity in Halifax