"Liverpool" Liverpool by easterntrekker
Liverpool Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 67 photos
Liverpool is located on the Atlantic coast along Nova Scotia's South Shore. On the west bank of the mouth of the Mersey River. For us it is an easy daytrip from Halifax ( only about an hour and a half away . It is a world away though in some ways , with its cozy small town atmosphere that always is a joy.
Liverpool's harbour was first used as a seasonal camp of Nova Scotia's Mi'kmaq and then later as a harbour for fur trading.
Once an important fishing port it now relies more on tourism.
- Pros:small town , historic and friendly
- Cons:often foggy
- In a nutshell:a welcoming small town to visit
This is a popular place to stay .Built in 1798, Lane’s Privateer Inn was once the home of one of Nova Scotia’s most... more travel advice
The Mersey River is named after that of the River Mersey in Liverpool, England. The river proper flows from the eastern... more travel advice
easterntrekker's Related Pages
Liverpool Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TOWN OF THE PRIVATEERS"
- "Port of the Privateers"
- "If You're Looking for the Beatles - Wrong Shore!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Liverpool
- Hotels in Liverpool
- Restaurants in Liverpool
- Shopping in Liverpool
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Liverpool
- 23 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Liverpool?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Liverpool
Photos in LiverpoolSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 77 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 73 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 40 reviews, 89 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 41 reviews, 77 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tonga Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 36 reviews, 63 photos
- Vienna Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos