"Punta Gorda" Punta Gorda by easterntrekker
Punta Gorda Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 55 photos
As this pelican in the picture can attest, Punta Gorda is a neat place to hang out.
Lucky for us it is only about 30 minutes from our winter home in the Englewood area, so we can pop over for a Sunday afternnoon or just for dinner. It is a small friendly town located on a point jutting out in Charlotte Harbour.
The name Punta Gorda is Spanish meaning " Fat Point"
- Pros:An interesting historic little Florida town
- Cons:not a beach spot
- In a nutshell:More than just a great name
This is a good bet for a cup of java or tea . The service is friendly and helpful. They made me a wonderful iced coffe ,... more travel advice
If you get a hankering to get on the water, there are lots of choices here. All along the marina are various companies... more travel advice
easterntrekker's Related Pages
Punta Gorda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paradise Has Returned - Better Than Ever"
- "End of the Train Line at the Tamiami Trail"
- "Punta Gorda"
- "punta gorda florida"
- "PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA"
- "charmeleon's new Punta Gorda Page"
- "My visits to Punta Gorda"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Punta Gorda
- Hotels in Punta Gorda
- Nightlife in Punta Gorda
- Restaurants in Punta Gorda
- Shopping in Punta Gorda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Punta Gorda
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Punta Gorda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Punta Gorda
Photos in Punta GordaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 77 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 73 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 40 reviews, 89 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 41 reviews, 77 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tonga Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 36 reviews, 63 photos
- Vienna Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos