"Key West" Key West by easterntrekker
Key West Travel Guide: 2,067 reviews and 4,137 photos
I think the drive through the keys alone makes the trip worthwhile . We headed out from Englewood Fl for what was to be , according to GPS a 6.5 hour trip . It took more like 8 hours , due to our many stops for pictures and the slow moving traffic.
Happily we arrived in time to see the beautiful sunset. Pictures tell a thousand words when it comes to sunsets!
We wondered do the waters always have this amazing sparkle and colour.
This picture was taken from the point that is marked as the Soutern Most Point , only 90 miles from Cuba.
No wonder it feels so Caribbean.
There's a carnival atmosphere to the city. Lots of steet performers. Even the animals get in the act!
- Pros:Caribbean climate and you can drive there.
- Cons:Lots of tourists.
- In a nutshell:A great get away to a beautiful sundrenched part of Florida
We loved feeding the fish from the dock of the historic seaport area. There are little machines there where you get a... more travel advice
We loved the festive spirit of Key West and much of this spirit was reflected by the interesting stautues that was all... more travel advice
easterntrekker's Related Pages
Key West Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Parents of a "Conch""
- "key west florida"
- "Key West, Florida"
- "Key West Driving Trip May 3-12, 2003"
- "Key West one of my favorite spots in North America"
- "The Key to my Heart; Key West, Florida"
- "Key West"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Key West
- Hotels in Key West
- Transportation in Key West
- Nightlife in Key West
- Restaurants in Key West
- Shopping in Key West
- Warnings and Dangers in Key West
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Key West
- 23 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Key West?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Key West
Photos in Key WestSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 77 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 73 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 40 reviews, 89 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 41 reviews, 77 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tonga Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 36 reviews, 63 photos
- Vienna Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos