"Discovering the North Pacific" Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Guanacaste by easterntrekker
Provincia de Guanacaste Travel Guide: 654 reviews and 1,451 photos
We drove to Playa Hermosa from La Fortuna. Although its not a great distance the windy roads made the trip almost 4 hours.
The scenery was interesting and everchanging.
The treat at the end is when you finally twist your way through this section of the country and arrice at the coast !
We were surprised at how barren parts of Guanacaste is . The lush greenery of the Atlantic jungles feel like a world away.
Unfortuately Costa Rica is selling their country .. To be fair its something we've seem in many places but in this area its rappant. There are developers everywhere and with them big cement trucks etc rolling through what once was Costa Rica.
The little town map of Playa Hermosa is in need of constant updates as liitle shops are torn down to make room for condos.
- Pros:Lots of interesting plant and bird life
- Cons:Too many condos
- In a nutshell:Not my favorite but the airport makes it convenient for a quick week
Light luggage travel is best , especially if you are going by bus. Comfortable sandels and beach coverup to wear to and... more travel advice
Dengue fever is increasing in Costa Rica and Guanacaste is the highest -risk area. The mosquito that carries dengue... more travel advice
easterntrekker's Related Pages
Provincia de Guanacaste Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Guanacaste beaches"
- "Discovering the North Pacific"
- "Guanacaste Region, Costa Rica"
- "The Guanacaste Region"
- "Miles of Beautiful Beaches"
- "Surfing Tamarindo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincia de Guanacaste
- Hotels in Provincia de Guanacaste
- Transportation in Provincia de Guanacaste
- Nightlife in Provincia de Guanacaste
- Restaurants in Provincia de Guanacaste
- Shopping in Provincia de Guanacaste
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincia de Guanacaste
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincia de Guanacaste
- 19 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Provincia de Guanacaste?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincia de Guanacaste
- Posted in Travel Tallinn Forum "Re: Elderly Couple Visiting Tallinn"
- Wrote a Review Casual is the word of the day in Provincia de Guanacaste What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "Dengue fever"
- created a Provincia de Guanacaste Travel Page "Discovering the North Pacific"
- Commented on one of isolanthui's Provincia de Guanacaste travel pages
Photos in Provincia de GuanacasteSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 77 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 73 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 40 reviews, 89 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 41 reviews, 77 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tonga Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 36 reviews, 63 photos
- Vienna Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos