"Galapagos" Galápagos Islands by easterntrekker

Galápagos Islands Travel Guide: 1,179 reviews and 5,292 photos

Galapagos

So much to tell ......I't really is impossible. But here is a diary of our adventure.

There is no where I know of in the world where you can be so up close and personal with all animals. ...and they have so much to teach us!!
It is a revelation to see how when wild animals are not hunted by man or beast they respond in the most beautiful way. So innocent and trusting.

Our adventure was on the 20 passenger Letty for a 7 night cruise..20 of us travers came together to experience this enchanting place . We shared experiences , pictures laughs and wonders. And we left friends.

The ship was great, good food , fabulous service , friendly staff and wonderful guides!!

• Pros:animals, beauty, animal beauty
  • Cons:rough seas
  • In a nutshell:Remote untouched beauty
  • Last visit to Galápagos Islands: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 7, 2006

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Great photos and tips...and they bring back great memories of my trip there. Thanks! Ann, TS

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2010 at 11:13 AM

nice, I hope I'll be able to visit galapagos before it gets too late.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2009 at 3:19 PM

You may be one of the lucky ones to have seen nature mostly undisturbed. So many unique species here, like 30,000 different no where else on earth of plants and animals.

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Hi Anita your page is excellent. Snorkelling must be a great experience in Galapagos

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Hi Anita! I can see from your pages you love animals and that's great you've been to the Gap.....nice tips and pics, Norman :)

• Acirfa's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2009 at 7:56 AM

Some fabulous photos and very useful, informative tips. I would love to experience this place one day.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2007 at 1:45 PM

Just dipped my toe into this page = you saw some remarkable wildlife here - I will return to see more!!

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2007 at 8:08 AM

Excellent photos and narratives on this remarkable place. Such a fascinating visit. And poor lonesome george. Thanks for sharing this adventure. N.

• unaS's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2007 at 8:15 AM

Excellent tips and marvelous photos. Thank you for sharing. Am hoping to make the trip myself next year.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2006 at 2:24 PM

Excellent page and pixs on the Darwin Islands Greetz from Belgium

easterntrekker

“see the world or bust.”

Badges & Stats in Galápagos Islands

Have you been to Galápagos Islands?

Latest Activity in Galápagos Islands