"Tsavo National Park West" Top 5 Page for this destination Tsavo National Park West by easterntrekker
Tsavo National Park West Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 304 photos
We met Moses from Mics Tours the evening before our trip in and our hotel lobby. He’s an interesting man . He is a Masai and showed us scars on his leg from a lion he killed by spear to fulfill his tradition as a young warrier
In the morning we set off for the first part of our safari with our guide, Samuwell who is also Masai. He’s soft spoken but a very talented and caring man. We were often amazed that he could spot even the most well hidden animal.
Our drive took only a couple of hours and we arrive at Tsavo West through the Manyani Gate.
The animals prove to be a bit more elusive here than those in Tanzania . It is very dry but they manage to hide in the short shrubby trees .
- Pros:Beautiful, wild and exotic
- In a nutshell:A place to learn from the animals
Sometimes pit stops are far between so drink water but plan accordingly when on safari. This isn't Disney World and... more travel advice
We leave our lodge at about 7 AM this morning and by 8:30AM we arrive at Mzima Springs . This is where the man-eating... more travel advice
easterntrekker's Related Pages
Tsavo National Park West Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tsavo West"
- "Home Of The: MAN-EATERS of TSAVO!"
- "Tsavo National Park West"
- "TSAVO WEST"
- "Tsavo West National Park"
- "Tsavo National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tsavo National Park West
- Hotels in Tsavo National Park West
- Transportation in Tsavo National Park West
- Nightlife in Tsavo National Park West
- Warnings and Dangers in Tsavo National Park West
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tsavo National Park West
- 11 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Tsavo National Park West?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tsavo National Park West
Photos in Tsavo National Park WestSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 77 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 73 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 40 reviews, 89 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 41 reviews, 77 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tonga Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 36 reviews, 63 photos
- Vienna Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos