"Island of Roatan in the Bay Islands of Honduras" Isla de Roatán by easterntrekker
Isla de Roatán Travel Guide: 311 reviews and 723 photos
Located about 65 kilometers off the Northern Coast of Honduras , during the 4th and 10th centuries, the Paya Indians populated the Bay Islands.
The island is surrounded by the world's second largest coral reef, hugging most of the shore. This provides calm, clear beaches for swimming and snorkeling, and many varieties of sea life.
Roatan is not as "touristy" as many Caribbean islands , so you could still get a sense of the real thing.
- Pros:Beautiful , natural beaches , friendly people
- In a nutshell:A
Along the waterfront pier there were some little shops set up to sell gods. They had lots of bits and peices of... more travel advice
easterntrekker's Related Pages
Isla de Roatán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Island of Roatan - Honduras"
- "Isla de Roatan, Honduras"
- "Roatan of Las Islas de la Bahia"
- "A Nice Balance Of Shear Relaxation & Terror !"
- "La isla Bonita"
- "The Adventure"
- "Perfect Mixture of Caribbean and Central America"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla de Roatán
- Hotels in Isla de Roatán
- Transportation in Isla de Roatán
- Nightlife in Isla de Roatán
- Restaurants in Isla de Roatán
- Shopping in Isla de Roatán
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla de Roatán
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Isla de Roatán
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Isla de Roatán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de Roatán
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 77 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 73 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 40 reviews, 89 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 41 reviews, 77 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tonga Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 36 reviews, 63 photos
- Vienna Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos