Lago de Atitlán Transportation Tips by easterntrekker Top 5 Page for this destination
Lago de Atitlán Transportation: 18 reviews and 15 photos
There are lots of boats going to the villages around the lake . There are frequent four hour ferries going to Santiago from Panajachel and private water taxies making regukar trips to the other towns and villages around the lake. Prices are pretty low , less than 15 quetzales.
You don't need reservations . just go the the lakefront dock.
Its a good idea to travel very light , probably no taxis to pick you up at the other side.
There are taxis in Panajachel . They are the three wheeled variety . The whole toen is pretty small so we went by foot but we did see them around.
Type: Car/Motor Home
We took a shuttle from the airport . We had our hotel arrange it and there was someone waiting for us when we arrived . It cost $50.00 for the two of us. ( a little more since it was prearranged)
When we left we took a shuttle to Guatemala city . It took 4.5 hours via Antigua where we picked up more people. It can take longer depending ob traffic. Cost $22.00 each .
It is easy to arrange transportation in Panajachel.
The shuttle was a mini bus that held about 7 people. Quite comfortable and safe.
IN San Pedro as in many of the other highland towns the horse is still used to get around.
More Reviews (29)
- See All Take a tour
- Checking out the markets
- Watch your teeth
- See All For the love of chicken
easterntrekker's Related Pages
Lago de Atitlán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lake Atitlan"
- "Surrounded by Vulcanoes"
- "Lake of the Mayans, Gringos Welcome."
- "Beautiful And Serene"
- "Lago de Atitlan"
- "Lago Atitlan"
- "Volcanoes overlooking the lake!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lago de Atitlán
- Hotels in Lago de Atitlán
- Transportation in Lago de Atitlán
- Nightlife in Lago de Atitlán
- Restaurants in Lago de Atitlán
- Shopping in Lago de Atitlán
- Warnings and Dangers in Lago de Atitlán
- See All...
Explore the World
- Heiligenblut Hotels
- San Antonio Palopó
- Lu Tao Hotels
- Piqeras Hotels
- Florida Caverns State Park Hotels
- Northeastern Thailand
- Palm Beach
- Dauphin Island
- Sevastopol' Transportation
- Suceava Transportation
- Puglia Transportation
- Vancouver Island Transportation
- Bradenton Transportation
- Monemvasia Transportation
- Slovenia Transportation
- Columbia Transportation
- Walking (incl. city maps)
- Brest Transportation
- Ningbo Transportation
- Fredericksburg Transportation
Badges & Stats in Lago de Atitlán
- 33 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Lago de Atitlán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lago de Atitlán
Photos in Lago de AtitlánSee All Photos (68)
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 77 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 73 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 40 reviews, 89 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 41 reviews, 77 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tonga Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 36 reviews, 63 photos
- Vienna Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (57)
Latest Lago de Atitlán hotel reviews
- Lomas de Tzununa
- 142 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Hotel Monterrey
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
- Casa Palopo Hotel
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 17, 2013
- La Iguana Perdida Hotel
- 174 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Hotel Dos Mundos
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2013
- La Casa del Mundo Hotel
- 306 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Atitlan Hotel
- 195 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013