"CAHUITA" Top 5 Page for this destination Cahuita by easterntrekker
Cahuita Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 236 photos
The white sand beach is fabulous!!
Cahuita has struggled to recover from a lingering negative perception and Cahuita had regained its popularity, although it still draws predatory elements. The locals run a committee to police the community, keep the beaches clean, and generally foster improvements.
Just a small village (pop. 3,000), 45 km south of Puerto Limón and one km east of Hwy this is a destination for the backpacking crowd . Cahuita consists of two parallel dirt streets crossed by four rutted streets overgrown with grass, with ramshackle houses spread apart.but....
there are lots of colorful little places to eat and stay ...( the best lobster I've ever had ( and I'm from the lobster capital) unspoiled golden and “black” sand beaches and a uninique Creole culture.
- Pros:unspoiled unique beauty
- Cons:poor ....rainy
- In a nutshell:a must inorder to understand Costa Rica
Even though I'm not a bug person ., I can't help but notice these jungle workers. Thyemarch in order across the path and... more travel advice
They are my favorite and one of the easiest places to spot them is Nat. Park Cahuita. I love watching them as they eat... more travel advice
easterntrekker's Related Pages
Cahuita Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "aaaaaaaaaaaaaah....Cahuita !!!"
- "Gorgeous park, beaches, great food, mellow vibe"
- "Sleepy yet Seductive"
- "CARIBBEAN BEAT IN CAHUITA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cahuita
- Hotels in Cahuita
- Transportation in Cahuita
- Nightlife in Cahuita
- Restaurants in Cahuita
- Warnings and Dangers in Cahuita
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cahuita
- 16 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Cahuita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cahuita
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 77 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 73 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 40 reviews, 89 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 41 reviews, 77 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tonga Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 36 reviews, 63 photos
- Vienna Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos