"Arenal Volcano" Top 5 Page for this destination Fortuna by easterntrekker
Fortuna Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 584 photos
This was our second trip to Costa Rica and the first time we went to Arenal .We were really hoping to see the volcano , as we had heard it is often fogged over .
Our hotel gave us a great view but the first day we didn't see much as the top part was completely covered by fog.
The next evening we sat out on our hotel patio and voila...there itwas.
To the cheers of the people next door , we were rewarded with fire balls crashing down the side .
The next morning we looked out early and the volcano was completely clear .
I took tons of pictures as the sun came up.
There was a point when it was barely light that we could see the fire and the smoke .
It was an amazing site.
- Pros:A shance to see a truly classic volcano
- Cons:touristy town and all that goes with that
- In a nutshell:Even though its not true Costa Rica the site of Arenal is worth the stay
NO need to plan far ahead , there is a travel center in town selling excursions all over the area and tours to the... more travel advice
The church is quite a landmark . It seems every hotel in the area gives directions based on how far they are from the... more travel advice
easterntrekker's Related Pages
Fortuna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arenal Volcano"
- "La Fortuna & Volcano Arenal"
- "La Fortuna"
- "La Fortuna, Costa Rica is Paradise"
- "Fortuna, our best suprise"
- "La Fortuna and the Volcán Arenal"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fortuna
- Hotels in Fortuna
- Transportation in Fortuna
- Nightlife in Fortuna
- Restaurants in Fortuna
- Shopping in Fortuna
- Warnings and Dangers in Fortuna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fortuna
- 20 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Fortuna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fortuna
Photos in FortunaSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 77 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 73 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 40 reviews, 89 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 41 reviews, 77 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tonga Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 36 reviews, 63 photos
- Vienna Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos