"San Jose" San José by easterntrekker

San José Travel Guide: 525 reviews and 875 photos

San Jose

Gorgeous mountains and lush vegetation are visible from every corner of St Jose, reminding us we are in beautiful Costa Rica again. This is our second visit in three years and we love it still . There is so much history and culture to explore and learn about . Founded in 1737 San Jose has a population of about a million. It's a lively and with a good array of restaurants and some good museums to explore. The people are so friendly and lucky for me , almost everyone is trying to practice their English!!

Medical Tourism

This time we are on a medical visit to have complete dental makeovers. Why not ...it's about a third of the cost of Canada...and you are even picked up at the airport.

Jan 11, 2007 - first visit. The office is very professional and after an all day visit with two dentists...it's time to relax!! Me , I am having 14 crowns and 4 venners!! My husband is having 10 crowns and 5 fillings! Today we got all the preliminary work done and are sent home with all the temps in place.
Jan 20, 2007 We went back today after a relaxing time on the Pacific Coast and had all our permanent crowns installed. We are more than pleased . The work is fabulous!! The office and Doctors are so professional and caring. We are amazed at how efficient everything was completed...and painless!!!. Needless to say we saved a bundle too...enough to pay for our 6 week travels and more!!

Of course there is a sad and poor side of San Jose which is typical in all of Central America. You have to respect the poverty and tread carefully at times...watching where you go and keeping an eye on your belongings. We have never had a problem ...we don't walk alone at night and are careful not to flant our North American wealth . Common sense revails!!
There's still much to do as far as pollution contol ..but it is improving .

• Pros:historic , friendly and lots to see and good dentists
  • Cons:still much poverty in areas
  • In a nutshell:From the old to the new San Jose has much to offer
  • Last visit to San José: Jan 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 24, 2007

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2008 at 10:38 AM

I think a visit to a dentist would spoil my sightseeing anywhere. But if it didn't hurt....I'd rather have my own than jade teeth. :)Hope you go there again just for pleasure. Beautiful picture in your intro.

easterntrekker

“see the world or bust.”

Badges & Stats in San José

Have you been to San José?

Latest Activity in San José