"San Jose" San José by easterntrekker
San José Travel Guide: 525 reviews and 875 photos
Gorgeous mountains and lush vegetation are visible from every corner of St Jose, reminding us we are in beautiful Costa Rica again. This is our second visit in three years and we love it still . There is so much history and culture to explore and learn about . Founded in 1737 San Jose has a population of about a million. It's a lively and with a good array of restaurants and some good museums to explore. The people are so friendly and lucky for me , almost everyone is trying to practice their English!!
This time we are on a medical visit to have complete dental makeovers. Why not ...it's about a third of the cost of Canada...and you are even picked up at the airport.
Jan 11, 2007 - first visit. The office is very professional and after an all day visit with two dentists...it's time to relax!! Me , I am having 14 crowns and 4 venners!! My husband is having 10 crowns and 5 fillings! Today we got all the preliminary work done and are sent home with all the temps in place.
Jan 20, 2007 We went back today after a relaxing time on the Pacific Coast and had all our permanent crowns installed. We are more than pleased . The work is fabulous!! The office and Doctors are so professional and caring. We are amazed at how efficient everything was completed...and painless!!!. Needless to say we saved a bundle too...enough to pay for our 6 week travels and more!!
Of course there is a sad and poor side of San Jose which is typical in all of Central America. You have to respect the poverty and tread carefully at times...watching where you go and keeping an eye on your belongings. We have never had a problem ...we don't walk alone at night and are careful not to flant our North American wealth . Common sense revails!!
There's still much to do as far as pollution contol ..but it is improving .
- Pros:historic , friendly and lots to see and good dentists
- Cons:still much poverty in areas
- In a nutshell:From the old to the new San Jose has much to offer
This gallery has some good original work by well known Costa Rican artists and many limited edition prints. more travel advice
They have a very good collection of pre columbian works. It includes jade from interchange all over the Americas from... more travel advice
easterntrekker's Related Pages
San José Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Jose, Costa Rica"
- "Three (Green) Weeks in San José"
- "San Jose, Capital City of Costa Rica"
- "San Jose"
- "Pleasant, but don't dawdle here"
- "the capital..."
- "Where the Streets Have No Names"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San José
- Hotels in San José
- Transportation in San José
- Nightlife in San José
- Restaurants in San José
- Shopping in San José
- Warnings and Dangers in San José
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San José
- 10 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to San José?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San José
Photos in San JoséSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 77 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 73 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 40 reviews, 89 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 41 reviews, 77 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tonga Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 36 reviews, 63 photos
- Vienna Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos