"Chiang Rai" Top 5 Page for this destination Chiang Rai by easterntrekker

Chiang Rai Travel Guide: 232 reviews and 682 photos

Chiang Rai

We stayed here for 4 nights and it was a perfect spot to base ourselves to explore the North . Just when you think Thailand can't get any better.....you discover the North!!

Hilltribe People

It was like stepping back in time the day we met the friendly people of the Karon tribe. Although it's unimaginable to me , they seem so happy to where these traditional rings on there necks , arms and legs.
From the the time they are 7 years of age the little girls wear the heavy brass rings!!

Elephant village

Instead of a horse , you can ride around the village on an elephant . These elephants seem very well cared for and are happy to take you for a ride . They enjoy their elephant shower afterwards and elephant snack of bananas and sugar cane!!

• Pros:Exciting , and exotic Chaing Rai, new to tourism
  • Cons:new to tourism
  • In a nutshell:A beutiful place to see all of the north
  • Last visit to Chiang Rai: Feb 2006
  • Intro Written Jun 12, 2006

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2008 at 9:55 PM

Nice tips for our visit in 2009.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2007 at 1:10 AM

Hi Anita, Nice tips will come in handy. Did you go into Burma?We want to travel from Chiang Mai, any recommendation.

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2006 at 11:02 AM

Great page bringing back nice memories. But it seems that you've seen much more than I did on my short trip to Chiang Rai while visiting Thailand back in 1999.

• KastleKonfusion's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2006 at 1:08 PM

I've almost bookmarked every tip of yours about Chiang Rai! We're planning to take Tom's parents to Chiang Rai. Great pix at the Wat Phra That Pha Ngao! I hope the trip wont be too tiring for Tom's mom. :) Karan

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2006 at 5:18 PM

nice page!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2006 at 5:10 AM

Your trip looks fascinating! I've been wanting to go to Thailand for many years. Would really like to see more entries on this page!

easterntrekker

“see the world or bust.”

Badges & Stats in Chiang Rai

Have you been to Chiang Rai?