"The Dawn of happiness" Top 5 Page for this destination Sukhothai by easterntrekker
Sukhothai Travel Guide: 223 reviews and 745 photos
If you want to discover more about ancient Thailand Sukhothai is a must. We got the bus here from Chaing Mai . ( about a 5 hour trip)
Sukhothai is all about the park and what a park it is . It reminded me a little of the ancient city of Rome . The ruins are truly amazing . I could really imagine what life must have been in the 13th century. I was surprised to see we could climb right up to them . Nothing is barred off. I guess I'm used to western ways.
It's a trip solely for the history...not much to write about as far as the town goes.
- Pros:the ruins , history ,mystical
- Cons:Not for the non history buffs
- In a nutshell:Fabulous ruins in a huge open park like setting
The best and almost the only way to see the Sukhothai Park is by bicycle . We took a cab to the park and right across... more travel advice
This is an important ruin to visit . It is so beautiful and peaceful. The temple sits on two connected islands. The... more travel advice
easterntrekker's Related Pages
Sukhothai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Temples and Monks"
- "The Ancient Capital"
- "Ancient ruins and quiet village"
- "The Dawn of happiness"
- "Sukotai: daytime"
- "First time in Sukhothai"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sukhothai
- Hotels in Sukhothai
- Transportation in Sukhothai
- Nightlife in Sukhothai
- Restaurants in Sukhothai
- Shopping in Sukhothai
- Warnings and Dangers in Sukhothai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sukhothai
- 10 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Sukhothai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sukhothai
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Re: EWR to NYC"
- Commented on one of Mikebb's Sukhothai travel pages
- Wrote a Review Rent a Bike to see the Historical Park in Sukhothai Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rent a Bike to see the Historical Park"
- updated a Sukhothai Travel Page "The Dawn of happiness"
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 77 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 73 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 40 reviews, 89 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 41 reviews, 77 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tonga Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 36 reviews, 63 photos
- Vienna Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos