Phnom Penh Local Custom Tips by easterntrekker
Phnom Penh Local Customs: 40 reviews and 68 photos
As soon as we crossed the border into Cambodia we saw venders selling these light beige coloured corn on the cobs, the husk and all were cooked. Everyone on our bus seemed pretty excitde to buy them but we ( dumb tourists ) passed .Finally a fellow passenger took pity on us and gave us one .How could we refuse? As it turned out they were read delicious! Not sure how it was cooked but it was finger licking good.We saw it around at many of the food stalls after that .It must be a popular "fast " food.
Whole baby chicks to go
Some of the local food looked pretty exotic to my Western eyes. I saw what looked like a whole pigling on a barbecue and along with some other varieties I couldn't make out .Turned out what I was seeing was a dog and a rat . This is quite normal food here and I guess its whatever you are used to but its too out there for my taste.,so i didn't try it .( at least I don't think I did ) Best for me to stick with a menu I can read.
More Reviews (14)
easterntrekker's Related Pages
Phnom Penh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pardon Phnom Penh"
- "A City of Contrasts"
- "Phnom Penh Cambodia"
- "Phnom Penh"
- "Kingdom of Cambodia's Capitol City"
- "Images of Phnom Penh"
- "A stop on the way"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phnom Penh
- Hotels in Phnom Penh
- Transportation in Phnom Penh
- Nightlife in Phnom Penh
- Restaurants in Phnom Penh
- Shopping in Phnom Penh
- Warnings and Dangers in Phnom Penh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phnom Penh
- 16 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Phnom Penh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phnom Penh
- Posted in Travel Iceland Forum "Re: Flight connections at KEF"
- Commented on one of easterntrekker's Phnom Penh travel pages
- Wrote a Review Best Corn Ever in Phnom Penh Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Knockoffs to Silk You'll Find it Here"
- updated a Phnom Penh Travel Page "Historic and Resilient Phnom Penh"
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 77 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 73 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 40 reviews, 89 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 41 reviews, 77 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tonga Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 36 reviews, 63 photos
- Vienna Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (62)
- Royal Palace- 96 Reviews, 264 Photos
- Tuol Sleng Museum- 78 Reviews, 151 Photos
- Killing Fields- 55 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Wat Phnom- 52 Reviews, 120 Photos
- Central Market - Psah Thmay- 18 Reviews, 42 Photos
- National Museum- 51 Reviews, 120 Photos
- Silver Pagoda- 33 Reviews, 63 Photos
- Wat Ounalom- 13 Reviews, 45 Photos
- Independence Monument- 21 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Russian Market- 7 Reviews, 14 Photos
See All Phnom Penh Things to Do