" 2011 Vietnam , Cambodia, Borneo and Bali" easterntrekker's Profile
January saw us heading out once again to explore Asia. This time we added Vietnam , Cambodia , Borneo , Bali and a quick stop in South Korea. I'm slowly building my pages . We arrived in
Saigon in time for the Chinese New Year !
Our list of must sees is very long still but we finally ticked off Argentina,Brazil Uraguay and Paraguay.Check out my pages and follow our journey of discovery. *
We spend much of the winter in our Florida home. We are really excited to have a place in this wonderful sunshine state to call home . ( and to escape the cold dark days of winter). Our house is in Englewood , a quiet town which still can boast Old Florida Charm. Drop in for a visit. Englewood
In the Spring we return to Halifax Nova Scotia , with our little dog. Halifax is home . It's a vibrant and fun city with lots to offer for all who come .
Our family is steadily growing We have four children who are all grown now , and 6 wonderful grandchildren.
Like many of the people on this site I love to travel and so does my husband and constant travelling companion . The first trip I took as a child was by train . My adventure took me from my small hometown of Glace Bay in Cape Breton to the big city of Toronto , to visit my sister. The excitement I felt then was the same excitement I feel every time we visit a new place .
So far my husband and I have travelled to 83 different countries . We are always planning our next trip . India , Sri Lanka, Nepal and Dubai are next...sometime in Jan 2012.
It is our goal to see 200 countries in our time here on earth . We have a long ways to go but I think we can make it. It was while searching the net for travel trips , that I found VT. Its a super site and the people here are the best.
Our excitement grew as we circled high above !
Riobefore landing and caught a glimpse of its famous beaches!!
We packed all we could into our 3 day self directed tour .The famous sites like The Christ Statue, Sugar Loaf and of course a visit to that famous cafe where the Girl from Ipanema was spotted
are a must to see from both sides.
We started our journey visiting the Argentinaside. Here we got to see the falls up close and personaland waht a site they are. Really it is a case of "A picture is worth a thousand words"!
The second day we expected to see a less dramatic view but wow were we mistaken .Here it semed we were under the falls and their thunderous roar surrounded us!!
surprised us! Really we did so little research before coming but we quickly realized this country has so much to offer.
We spent severaldays in Montivideo and travelled to Colonia as a day trip.
We enjoyed the history ,the markets ,the food and it is Montivideo that introduced us first to Tango!
We started our visit in Argentina at Igaucu Falls and what a spectacular introduction they were.
From here we flew to Mendosa. Even though we are wine lovers we knew little about Argentina wine...our wine tour to four different winerys taught us all we needed to know and more!!
The last leg of our trip took us to Buenos Aires
.Here we spent five days ,visiting the sights ,enjoying the food ,wine and music.....oh and someshopping ( of course)
Our day trip across the order was fun and gave us a chance to see for ourselves the Border Town we had heard so much about.
When willI take this off my homepage? Maybe never!
This was truly a trip of a lifetime!
We started our safari in Tanzania ,visiting th Crater
and of course the the magic of the Serengeti
Kenya was next on our journey of a life time .
Here we visited four famous Parks including Tsavo National Park,along with Amboseli ,Lake Nakuru and of course the infamous Masai Mara
The last leg of our trip took us to. Egypt
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Quezon City Hotels
- Key West Hotels
- Cagayan de Oro City Hotels
- Bacolod City Hotels
- Davao City Hotels
- Laoag City Hotels
- Washington D.C. Hotels
- Puerto Princesa Hotels
- Munnar Hotels
- Pengkalan Balak Hotels
- Coron Hotels
- Goose Rocks Beach Hotels
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Hotels
- Atlantic City Hotels
- Broad Ripple Hotels
- Portland Hotels
- La Sal Junction Hotels
- Winnipeg Hotels
- Abu Dhabi Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,982 Reviews
- 3,211 Photos
- 56 Countries
- 118 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
- Posted in Travel Boca Grande Forum "Re: sunset dinner"
- Wrote a Review Lutheran Church about Tuomiokirkko (The Lutheran Cathedral) in Helsinki Things to Do
- created a Helsinki Travel Page "Finally Finland"
- Commented on jumpingnorman's profile page
- easterntrekker and wabat are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "Palm Island"
updated their Personal Page "Sunsets and sunrises"
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 77 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 73 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 40 reviews, 89 photos
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 41 reviews, 77 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tonga Intro, 38 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago de Atitlán Intro, 33 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 36 reviews, 63 photos
- Vienna Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54962 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23315 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- Philadelphia Hotels
- 2093 Reviews - 4054 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos