"Best thing about Grand Teton NP? The Locals...." Grand Teton National Park by Shihar
Grand Teton National Park Travel Guide: 314 reviews and 923 photos
October is a good time to visit. There aren't that many tourists, but the weather can be a little cold and unpredicable. Many of the trails and information centers were closed but we still found much to do.
Most people visit the park during July and August.
We loved Grand Teton NP! Just the name alone sparks a smile...Anyone with beginning French skills knows what I mean:)
Not within 20 minutes on this Jenny Lake trail did we see this Black Bear mama with her baby. I was terrified. Being terrified is a natural emotion when coming upon a bear in the wild, even if you have been a hiker half your life. The moments after the bear sighting are the most critical for your safety.
She did not seem phased by our presence at all. They ran once we started making noise. She and the baby were about 10 feet from us! They had no respect for the 300 feet from Hikers Rule:)
Excellent views of the Tetons; short walks and longer hikes if desired.
Grand Teton was established as a NP on February 26, 1929 and has almost 310,000 acres. The highest peak is 13,770ft. Many of the buildings in the park are listed as historic.
- Pros:Sceney, Wildlife, Great trails
- Cons:Seeing an Elk being hit with car by speeding driver!
This area of the park is highly popular. There is a boat that leaves three times an hour from the southeast end of the... more travel advice
This refuge is open year round from dawn to dusk. There are between 7,000-8,000 elk within this refuge. Many of the Elk... more travel advice
Shihar's Related Pages
Grand Teton National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tall Tales from the Grand Tetons"
- "Majestic Mountains and Moose!"
- "These Mountains cannot be ignored!"
- "Grand Teton or Grand Tetons ?"
- "Grand Teton N.P. - the highest of the Rockies"
- "Best thing about Grand Teton NP? The Locals...."
- "Mountain grandeur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Teton National Park
- Hotels in Grand Teton National Park
- Transportation in Grand Teton National Park
- Nightlife in Grand Teton National Park
- Restaurants in Grand Teton National Park
- Shopping in Grand Teton National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Teton National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Grand Teton National Park
- 18 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Grand Teton National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Teton National Park
- updated a Grand Teton National Park Travel Page "Best thing about Grand Teton NP? The Locals...."
- Wrote a Review Hiking Gear in Grand Teton National Park What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "Best thing about Grand Teton NP? The Locals...."
- Commented on one of JLBG's Grand Teton National Park travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 38 reviews, 115 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Augustine Intro, 27 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocracoke Island Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carlsbad Caverns National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalupe Mountains National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Lake Tahoe Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos
- Acadia National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 38 photos