"Shenandoah National Park, VA" Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park by Shihar
Shenandoah National Park Travel Guide: 163 reviews and 534 photos
My first VT travel page from scratch. How very exciting!! I will do my best to give you guys the best tips and advice I can offer.
We just got back from a few days at this great Park. I didn't want to go home! You will notice that I will reference all the trails and resturants that were visited. If you have any additional questions feel free to e-mail me.
Shenandoah NP- Luray, VA www.nps.gov/shen
From Raleigh, NC to the entrance of the park took us approxiamtely 5 hours. We took HW- 64East to I-95N to 64 West in VA. You can take Route 64 to southern tip of park if you would like . We entered in the central region of the park so we took 29 N out of Charlottesville,VA to 33W to the Swift Run Gap entrance.
Deers were prevalent throughout the entire park. It really added to park experience with every deer sighting. We had 13 different deer sightings in 3 days!
Park Quick Facts:
Skyland Drive-105 miles long
Highest Peak- Hawksbill Mt.,4050 Feet
Hightest Waterfall- Overlook Run falls, 90 Feet
Plants- More than 1300 species
Birds- Over 200 species
Hiking- 516 miles, including 101 miles of Appalachian trail
- Pros:Lovely waterfalls, strenous trails, and wildlife...
- Cons:Visitors not respecting the park..
Skyland Drive is the scenic road that goes through the entire park. Tourists go either very slow(for sight seeing) or... more travel advice
If you are in need of any camping supplies, you can purchase them at the Big Meadows wayside. There is no store like... more travel advice
- See All Art and Eats
- See All Charlottlesville, VA
- Caves are fun!
- Luray, Va
Shihar's Related Pages
Shenandoah National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Skyline Drive and Shenandoah National Park"
- "Shenandoah National Park, VA"
- "A Thin slice of country"
- "Worth a visit even in a foggy day!"
- "SHENANDOAH NATIONAL PARK"
- "Shenandoah National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shenandoah National Park
- Hotels in Shenandoah National Park
- Transportation in Shenandoah National Park
- Nightlife in Shenandoah National Park
- Restaurants in Shenandoah National Park
- Shopping in Shenandoah National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Shenandoah National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shenandoah National Park
- 21 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Shenandoah National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shenandoah National Park
Photos in Shenandoah National ParkSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 38 reviews, 115 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Augustine Intro, 27 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocracoke Island Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carlsbad Caverns National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalupe Mountains National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Lake Tahoe Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos
- Acadia National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 38 photos