"Shenandoah National Park, VA" Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park by Shihar

Shenandoah National Park Travel Guide: 163 reviews and 534 photos

My first VT travel page from scratch. How very exciting!! I will do my best to give you guys the best tips and advice I can offer.

We just got back from a few days at this great Park. I didn't want to go home! You will notice that I will reference all the trails and resturants that were visited. If you have any additional questions feel free to e-mail me.

Shenandoah NP- Luray, VA www.nps.gov/shen
Phone:540-999-3500

How to get there...

From Raleigh, NC to the entrance of the park took us approxiamtely 5 hours. We took HW- 64East to I-95N to 64 West in VA. You can take Route 64 to southern tip of park if you would like . We entered in the central region of the park so we took 29 N out of Charlottesville,VA to 33W to the Swift Run Gap entrance.

Deers, Deers and more Deers!

Deers were prevalent throughout the entire park. It really added to park experience with every deer sighting. We had 13 different deer sightings in 3 days!

Park Quick Facts:
Skyland Drive-105 miles long
Highest Peak- Hawksbill Mt.,4050 Feet
Hightest Waterfall- Overlook Run falls, 90 Feet
Plants- More than 1300 species
Birds- Over 200 species
Hiking- 516 miles, including 101 miles of Appalachian trail

• Pros:Lovely waterfalls, strenous trails, and wildlife...
  • Cons:Visitors not respecting the park..
  • Last visit to Shenandoah National Park: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 21, 2005

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2007 at 7:32 AM

Nice page Shi! We are planning a trip here and the Blue Ridge Parkway to Smokey Mountains either this year or next... :)

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2007 at 7:44 PM

you sent me down the memory lane. this is a great park and you have covered it beautifully. i liked ur pics and tips on the trails. shopping tips are gr8 too.

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2006 at 11:32 AM

Nice tips and beautiful photos. We'll try out some of your tips this weekend! Cheers, Mark

• icunme's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2006 at 1:15 PM

Outstanding pages here - beautiful photos and good tips - will return again. Ciao, Carol

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2006 at 4:13 PM

Great Shenandoah page! I've always liked Shenandoah alot, but I've never got the time to explore the entire park. It's a very beautiful place, thanks for giving me some ideas on where to visit next

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2005 at 8:59 AM

Your photos of Shendoah National Park were great--the waterfalls spectacular!!

• Oct 11, 2005 at 8:14 PM

GREAT info...this may be my next road trip!!! Jen

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2005 at 9:07 AM

Wonderful tips and pictures on this beautiful parc! I have very fond memories of Skyline drive and surrounding trails from when i lived in DC. I remember the lesser known trails as very rocky and not that easy!

• pabertra's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2005 at 7:16 PM

I'd never even heard of Shenandoah National Park until I discovered your page! Keep up the great work!

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2005 at 4:41 PM

Shi, you have a nice start to your Shenandoah Page. Good commentary and nice photos. Thank you for sharing. Kat

Shihar

“"Traveling more often is important for your health and happiness"-fortune cookie”

Badges & Stats in Shenandoah National Park

Have you been to Shenandoah National Park?

Latest Activity in Shenandoah National Park