"My Favorite National Park... Zion" Zion National Park by Shihar
Zion National Park Travel Guide: 572 reviews and 1,226 photos
When asked what my favorite National Park is I always reply ZION without hestitation. I can't 100% explain this because all the Parks I have been to are remarkable, stunning,and have there own unique qualities. So, my answer is purely a personal preference and not to discredit any of the other Parks.
In the background of the picture above, you will see some brave hikers climbing to the Angels Landing peak. I was not so brave when I saw the linked chains that were your only support to the top. I believed the Park Ranger when he said " you gain major street cred in the hiking community if you can make it to Angels Landing Peak".
The trek there is a challenging enough hike, before you get to the peak you will find "Walter Wiggles". Wiggles is a row of around 21 narrow and steep switchbacks that in itself will test your endurance.
Zion may be reached by going north or south on I-15 and then heading east on Route 9. From the east on U.S. 89, take Route 9 heading west to the park.
The best time to visit is March through October. The weather is ideal during this time for hiking.
The sights here are amazing!. The Virgin River has carved many of the dramatic features you will see. There are steep cliffs dropping 3,000 feet, huge buttresses and deep alcoves.
Millions of years flowing water has marked through the red and white sandstone to form the walls of the park.
Zion is usually viewed from the bottom looking up, as opposed to many canyonland parks where your view is from an observation rim.Zion's landscape can be fully appreciated from a high vantage point above the river. The trails gives give you a wide variety of choice landscapes.
Zion became a National Park on November 19, 1919.
- Pros:I enjoyed every minute here! Amazing trails!
- Cons:nada, nothing, can't think of a thing!
We visited in early March,and I must say the weather was absolutely beautiful in the Park. But.. some trails can be... more travel advice
There are many scenic highways that provide great views of the Park: Zion Canyon Scenic Drive- 6 miles Short drive... more travel advice
Shihar's Related Pages
Zion National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Zion National Park Page"
- "Getting High in Zion"
- "Zion National Park, One of My Favorites"
- "Fall Colours and Waterfalls at Zion NP"
- "Zion National Park"
- "Zion, such a wonderful place"
- "Zion National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zion National Park
- Hotels in Zion National Park
- Transportation in Zion National Park
- Nightlife in Zion National Park
- Restaurants in Zion National Park
- Shopping in Zion National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Zion National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Zion National Park
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Zion National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zion National Park
Photos in Zion National ParkSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 38 reviews, 115 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Augustine Intro, 27 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocracoke Island Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carlsbad Caverns National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalupe Mountains National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Lake Tahoe Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos
- Acadia National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 38 photos