"Great Scenic Views" Canyonlands National Park by Shihar
Canyonlands National Park Travel Guide: 203 reviews and 476 photos
The scenes in Utah are really so beautiful, words (or pictures) can't describe them.
Water and Gravity are the prime designers of Canyonlands NP. The Green and Colorado Rivers have cut the flat layers of sedimentary rock to form hundreds of canyons, mesas, buttes, arches, etc.
There are three distinct regins of the Park: Island in the Sky,The Maze, and The Needles.
Few people were familiar with this remote land when it became a National Park in 1964. Even today, there are regions that remain undiscovered.
You will not find many trees here and the ones that are here are very resilient.There is about an average of 8 inches of rain per year.
Spring and Fall are the best time to visit. Summer is extremely hot!
From Moab, UT- 32 miles to Island in the Sky. take US 191 N to Utah 313 to The Neck entrance road.
To the Needles: From Moab(75 miles), follow US 191 S to Utah 211 and then west for 34 miles to park entrance.
To the Maze: From Green River,take 1-70 W to Utah 24, then south to a dirt road leading 46 miles to Hans Flat ranger station.
- Pros:Soo Beautiful!!
- In a nutshell:Stay longer than a few hours
Shihar's Related Pages
Canyonlands National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of the Canyons"
- "Kimberlyann's Canyonlands National Park, Utah"
- "Basaic Canyonlands National Park Page"
- "Large Park Spread Over Miles"
- "Canyonlands, Island in the Sky District"
- "The Watermelon Settlement: Canyonlands"
- "Canyonlands - Remote, Tough, and Beautiful"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canyonlands National Park
- Hotels in Canyonlands National Park
- Transportation in Canyonlands National Park
- Restaurants in Canyonlands National Park
- Shopping in Canyonlands National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Canyonlands National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canyonlands National Park
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Canyonlands National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canyonlands National Park
Top 10 Pages
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 38 reviews, 115 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Augustine Intro, 27 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocracoke Island Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carlsbad Caverns National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalupe Mountains National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Lake Tahoe Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos
- Acadia National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 38 photos
Latest Canyonlands National Park hotel reviews
- Squaw Flat Campground
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 24, 2013