"Umstead State Park Cary- NC" William B Umstead State Park by Shihar
William B Umstead State Park Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 30 photos
My husband and I run the trails in this state park often. It really is a great workout even if you are hiking and enjoying the scenes. Decent size parks with nice trails.
This park is located in Wake County between Raleigh and Durham, NC.
There is more than one entrance to this state park. The entrance located in Cary,NC is "Reedy Creek". This is located 11 miles west of Raleigh off I-40.
The Reedy Creek entrance does not have a Visitor Center, but there are information posts where trail maps are available.
The Crabtree Creek section is located 10 miles northwest of Raleigh off US 70.
The trails tend to be on the rocky side, so make sure you have good shoes when visiting. Many of the trails are downhill in the beginning but uphill on the way back. Save your energy...!
- Pros:Great little escape from hectic life...
- Cons:Crowded on the weekends..
Shihar's Related Pages
William B Umstead State Park Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in William B Umstead State Park
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to William B Umstead State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in William B Umstead State Park
Top 10 Pages
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 38 reviews, 115 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos
- Saint Augustine Intro, 27 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocracoke Island Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carlsbad Caverns National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalupe Mountains National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Lake Tahoe Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos
- Acadia National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 38 photos