"Another great NC state Park!" Stone Mountain State Park by Shihar
Stone Mountain State Park Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 37 photos
We headed out to the mountains on a whim. We thought it may be a good time to see the leaves although the visit proved that we were perhaps a week too early. We had a great time nonetheless....
When you first enter the park ... the ROCK is not visible. It is only when you either procede on a very strenuous trail or visit the Hutchison Homestead is when you realize the 600ft granite dome. It is quitebreathtaking especially on a beautiful Fall day.
- Pros:Great state park!
- Cons:Most trails are strenous... may not be good for kids
- In a nutshell:Worth a visit!
Shihar's Related Pages
Stone Mountain State Park Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Stone Mountain State Park
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Stone Mountain State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stone Mountain State Park
Photos in Stone Mountain State ParkSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 38 reviews, 115 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos
- Saint Augustine Intro, 27 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocracoke Island Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carlsbad Caverns National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalupe Mountains National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Lake Tahoe Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos
- Acadia National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 38 photos