"Big Talbot Island" Talbot Island by Shihar
Talbot Island Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 17 photos
It is worth a visit to take a scenic drive north on Hecksher Drive towards the Talbot Islands. There are many shore birds and road turnoffs to take beautiful pictures.
When I attended college in Jax, many of our our class trips would be up toward this area to study the birds, plants and local ecology.
Big Talbot Island has a pristine shoreline from overlooks at the Bluffs.Vistors can view the the landscape and water sculped trees that are abundant all along the shoreline.
No dogs allowed in park! Since we had the dog, we could not see this state park at this visit.
There are usually small entrance fees when visiting Fl. state parks. We are always more than happy to pay the small fees to insure that the parks are preserved and protected.
- Pros:Never crowded, always worth the scenic visit!
Admission fee: $1 pp to fish or enjoy the park Picnicking fee:$2 per car at the Bluffs picnic area Boating fee: There is... more travel advice
On a nice day, there are trails that you can walk on for a great view of the shoreline. There are 2 trails: Blackrock... more travel advice
Shihar's Related Pages
Talbot Island Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Talbot Island
- 5 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Talbot Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Talbot Island
Photos in Talbot IslandSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 38 reviews, 115 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos
- Saint Augustine Intro, 27 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocracoke Island Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carlsbad Caverns National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalupe Mountains National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Lake Tahoe Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos
- Acadia National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 38 photos