"My Favorite thing about Florida.. St. Augustine!" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Augustine by Shihar
Saint Augustine Travel Guide: 712 reviews and 1,938 photos
Since the time I lived in St. Augustine(1991) the tourism has seemed to increase triple fold. I still am and will always be fond of this little old city. Although sadly, I can understand we people call it a tourist trap.
Listed are some touristy sites you can see here (and nowhere else):
Fountain of Youth
Oldest Wooden School House
Olde Drug Store
and as you can imagine the list goes on and on....
This college is located smack-dab in the middle of this charming city. The buildings are an eye pleasing site to behold especially since it used to be a hotel(Hotel Ponce de Leon) designed witha little help from Lewis Comfort Tiffany and Henry Flagler. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.Tours run daily, year round.
I was seriously considering going to college here for Deaf Education... I still wonder what might of been....
St. Augustine has a very impressive School for the Deaf and Blind.
One of the lovely things about the town is that there is so much to do!
Vilano Beach and Anastasia Island are within driving distance and can be great for a day visit.
I visit St. Aug. about 2-3 times a year, since I have family that lives 40 miles away in Jacksonville. Any tips that I do not have pictures for, I will provide after my next trip.
- Pros:Soo much history and back-road places to visit
- Cons:Too many tourists... Parking is a nightmare!
- In a nutshell:Oldest City in America
The times that I have been here was only for drinks. I never ate the food so I cannot comment on that. There never... more travel advice
We ate here once last year ... and as I recall there was not a whole lot for vegetarians. I think I ate a grilled... more travel advice
- See All Museum of Americas Gilded age
- Must bring camera..
- Parking is a Nightmare!!! UPDATED
- Visit during Holiday months!
- Helicopter Tour
Shihar's Related Pages
Saint Augustine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saint Augustine"
- "St Augustine"
- "Oldest US City"
- "saint augustine"
- "My Favorite thing about Florida.. St. Augustine!"
- "St. Augustine - The First Coast"
- "History Far Back in Time"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Augustine
- Hotels in Saint Augustine
- Transportation in Saint Augustine
- Nightlife in Saint Augustine
- Restaurants in Saint Augustine
- Shopping in Saint Augustine
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Augustine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Augustine
- 27 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Saint Augustine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Augustine
Photos in Saint AugustineSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 38 reviews, 115 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Augustine Intro, 27 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocracoke Island Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carlsbad Caverns National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalupe Mountains National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Lake Tahoe Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenandoah National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos
- Acadia National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 38 photos