"My Favorite thing about Florida.. St. Augustine!" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Augustine by Shihar

Saint Augustine Travel Guide: 715 reviews and 1,953 photos

Oldest City in the US

Since the time I lived in St. Augustine(1991) the tourism has seemed to increase triple fold. I still am and will always be fond of this little old city. Although sadly, I can understand we people call it a tourist trap.

Listed are some touristy sites you can see here (and nowhere else):

Fountain of Youth
Old Jail
Oldest House
Oldest Wooden School House
Olde Drug Store

and as you can imagine the list goes on and on....

Flagler College

This college is located smack-dab in the middle of this charming city. The buildings are an eye pleasing site to behold especially since it used to be a hotel(Hotel Ponce de Leon) designed witha little help from Lewis Comfort Tiffany and Henry Flagler. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.Tours run daily, year round.

I was seriously considering going to college here for Deaf Education... I still wonder what might of been....

St. Augustine has a very impressive School for the Deaf and Blind.

The Intercoastal

One of the lovely things about the town is that there is so much to do!

Vilano Beach and Anastasia Island are within driving distance and can be great for a day visit.

I visit St. Aug. about 2-3 times a year, since I have family that lives 40 miles away in Jacksonville. Any tips that I do not have pictures for, I will provide after my next trip.

• Pros:Soo much history and back-road places to visit
  • Cons:Too many tourists... Parking is a nightmare!
  • In a nutshell:Oldest City in America
  • Intro Updated Feb 1, 2006

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2006 at 8:22 AM

I agree about the horses. I've only been to Florida once, haven't been to St. Augustine before. Looks like a fun place though...

• hotsauce28's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2006 at 3:08 PM

This is my favorite place in Fla too!! Too bad i didn't know about VT when i was in Guat.. pics are kinda lame. Greets from T.O!

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2006 at 7:59 AM

Interesting place and wonderful pictures, Shi. I love the lighthouses. I'd love to visit the museum.

• Michael_D's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2006 at 7:53 AM

Ive never had big crowds because I pick offpeak time I guess. Unlike many people I dont wanna live anywhere else(but maybe CAL) Mike

Shihar Used To Live Here!

Shihar

“"Traveling more often is important for your health and happiness"-fortune cookie”

Badges & Stats in Saint Augustine

Have you been to Saint Augustine?

Latest Activity in Saint Augustine