"Believe the Hype!" Top 5 Page for this destination South Lake Tahoe by Shihar

South Lake Tahoe Travel Guide: 359 reviews and 776 photos

Lake Tahoe, California- Nevada

I may have found Paradise...

We were soo impressed with Lake Tahoe. It's beauty is stunning. We saw pictures before we went, but nothing prepared us for the real thing.

There appears to be so many dimensions to the Tahoe area. There are so many things to see and do.. Activities can change as quickly as the seasons as well.

Emerald Bay State Park

One of the most photographed sites in Tahoe is this State Park.

There are three major attractions that vistors come to see most: Emerald Bay,Eagle Falls and Vikingsholm Castle.

The park consists of 593 acres and have several high (scary) hair-pin vantage points for incredible pictures. There are also many boat tours into the bay.

Other activites include: hiking, swimming,SCUBA,camping, boating...etc.

This park is highly recommended when visiting Tahoe.

And of course... the gambling!

Since gambling is illegal in California... you have to walk to Nevada. Which is really just about 10 minutes.

We spent a good deal of time in Harrah's casino. The dealers were very pleasant and gave us great tips for local events.

We had nothing but a good time the entire stay!

For for info about the region go to: www.tahoeinfo.com

• Pros:Great memories! Hope to return soon!
  • Cons:Nada..
  • In a nutshell:All I can say is "wow"
  • Last visit to South Lake Tahoe: May 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 24, 2007

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2008 at 10:15 AM

My folks retired in Lake Tahoe. Beautiful spot and so much easier to visit than LA. Birthday greetings from Alaska!

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2007 at 12:28 PM

Great page on Lake Tahoe! Lake Tahoe is truly a very beautiful (though commercialized) place.

• annk's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2007 at 9:02 AM

Thanks for the tips! We are visiting this summer (east side). Pics are gorgeous and I like the bear statues.

• AmazingAdventures's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2007 at 7:08 PM

Oooooh, lovely photo of Lake Tahoe. I haven;t been there - but it's on my wish list! Smiles from Sydney :)

• Sep 5, 2006 at 1:49 PM

I can't wait to read your tips on South Lake Tahoe, which is in my top ten wish list!!!

Shihar

“"Traveling more often is important for your health and happiness"-fortune cookie”

Badges & Stats in South Lake Tahoe

Have you been to South Lake Tahoe?

Latest Activity in South Lake Tahoe