"Tallinn - City by the Sea" Tallinn by yvgr
Tallinn Travel Guide: 1,918 reviews and 5,297 photos
Now, we are in Tallinn for the very first time! The city itself is a fine mixture of Finnish and Russian. I may tell you some more about that in time. So far we've seen the Old City. Written in June 2010.
Tallinn was nice because it's quite small and only special spots like the Old City are tourist magnets. There are far many other places in Tallinn which are not over-crowded during summer. Take one of the trams to explore more. Tallinn is also excellent for walking or strolling around.
The old city is very crowdy.
Take the tram in order to see more of the city.
Hop-on-hop Off bus is highly recommended for more detailed views of the city and its history.
The streets are clean and the locals friendly.
Try make a visit to Linna Museum which is the History Museum of Tallinn.
Many nice old buildings and a preserved defence wall.
Restaurants in the Old City area may be a bit over-priced.
Admire houses and old buildings.
- Pros:Friendly and beautiful. Lots of history and nice buildings.
- Cons:Nothing I can think of.
A great way to entry the city of Tallinn os by boat/ferry from Stockholm harbour. The trip will take about 24 hours... more travel advice
The Tallinn Town Hall (Estonian: Tallinna raekoda) is a building in the Tallinn Old Town, in Tallinn, Estonia, beside... more travel advice
yvgr's Related Pages
Tallinn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shades of Grey"
- "Tallinn - A Great Mixture of the Old and the New"
- "A medieval marvel"
- "Tallinn - medieval spirit city"
- "In the bleak midwinter ..."
- "Towers and tiles and spires and cobbles."
- "Tallinn - Nordic beauty with soviet past"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tallinn
- Hotels in Tallinn
- Transportation in Tallinn
- Nightlife in Tallinn
- Restaurants in Tallinn
- Shopping in Tallinn
- Warnings and Dangers in Tallinn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tallinn
- 9 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Tallinn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tallinn
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- Wrote a Review Estonia Memorial in Tallinn in Tallinn Things to Do
- updated a Tallinn Travel Page "Tallinn - City by the Sea"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tallinn - City by the Sea"
- Commented on one of yvgr's Tallinn travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Tallinn
Photos in TallinnSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 14 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstad Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos
- Halifax Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuopio Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Chicago Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kristinehamn Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uppsala Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
No friends yet.