"Halifax" Halifax by yvgr
Halifax Travel Guide: 211 reviews and 1,300 photos
I've visited Halifax twice and this town has a very interesting local history which drags me back like a magnet. There's also a lot of interesting architecture and buildings to explore, such as the Piece Hall. We return here to experience the life & time surroundings of Anne Lister who lived here 1791-1840. She was a most unique person in her days and was the owner of Shibden Hall. Always looking forward to come here once again!
+ Visit the Piece hall. This is one the oldest buildings in Halifax and it used to be a market place for wool.
+ Visit Shibden Hall, home of Anne Lister. Also has a small café and a sort of small Village Museum connected.
+ Visit Shibden park.
+ Take a hike into the shibden valley.
+ Visit the Minster. The Halifax parish Church, also called the Halifax Minster has been around for about 900 years in the valley.
- Pros:Nice and friendly. A lot of historical buildings and nice architecture.
- In a nutshell:Could be more!
The Halifax old railway station is no longer operated by the "modern" train station, but the old building still stand... more travel advice
The Shibden Park is a public park since 1926. No fees except from parking the car. Easy to axcess! The park is a part... more travel advice
yvgr's Related Pages
Halifax Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A SMASHIN' TIME IN HALIFAX UK"
- "VTers hit Halifax and surrounding area"
- "IT'S A BLAST !"
- "My first Rushbearing Meet"
- "I finally got to the other one!"
- "Halifax - pretty, small and full of history..."
- "Halifax... the home of the Building Society"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Halifax
- Hotels in Halifax
- Transportation in Halifax
- Nightlife in Halifax
- Restaurants in Halifax
- Shopping in Halifax
- Warnings and Dangers in Halifax
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Halifax
- 9 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Halifax?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Halifax
Photos in HalifaxSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 14 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstad Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos
- Halifax Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuopio Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Chicago Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kristinehamn Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uppsala Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
No friends yet.