"Karlstad - a pretty and nice town!" Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstad by yvgr
Karlstad Travel Guide: 130 reviews and 181 photos
I visit this city frequently since many years back in time. I know every cell of this town. I grew up here and spent my childhood here. Great place to grow up in. I also went to Karlstad University in my early twenties before leaving this place. Karlstad doesn't offer that much for a young person, but most of my class mates from High School are still around in Karlstad.
Here's my suggestions on Karlstad's things to do. If you're staying for more than 1-2 days I think there are far more opportunites to go and explore more of Värmland County than to only stay in Karlstad:
+ Visit Värmland's Museum.
+ Visit the Alster Mansion which used to be the home of author Gustaf Fröding (not that far from Karlstad).
+ Do some shopping in "Mitt i City". A central shopping centre.
+ Take the bus to Bergvik and IKEA to do more shopping! :)
+ Take the bus to Skutberget which is not that far from Bergvik shopping centra. The biggest shopping mall in the area...
Are you spending more than 2 days in the city? Why not contact the local Tourist Information Board and find out more what's going on in Wermland County? Perhaps take the bus or local train up to Sunne and visit Mårbacka Mansion? Nobel Prize winner/author Selma Lagerlöf lived there.
Or Oslo? Norway isn not that far away. You can easily board a train or Bus to Oslo.
- Pros:Nice, beautiful and friendly!
- Cons:For most of the time not much is going on...that's why I left.
- In a nutshell: It's small, it's fun, it's Karlstad! :D
If you have an intrest in old city sights I suggest you can visit Karlstads old cemetery if you plan to cross over the... more travel advice
Karlstad has its own unique theatre and it was built back in 1893. Nowadays Wermlands Opera house in the building.... more travel advice
yvgr's Related Pages
Karlstad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karlstad - the town in my heart"
- "Värmland, central Sweden in the middle of nature"
- "Karlstad - a pretty and nice town!"
- "Vitalis's new Karlstad Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karlstad
- Hotels in Karlstad
- Transportation in Karlstad
- Nightlife in Karlstad
- Restaurants in Karlstad
- Shopping in Karlstad
- Warnings and Dangers in Karlstad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karlstad
- 17 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Karlstad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlstad
Photos in KarlstadSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 14 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstad Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos
- Kuopio Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Halifax Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kristinehamn Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uppsala Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
No friends yet.