"Karlstad - a pretty and nice town!" Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstad by yvgr

Karlstad Travel Guide: 130 reviews and 181 photos

Once I used to live here.

I visit this city frequently since many years back in time. I know every cell of this town. I grew up here and spent my childhood here. Great place to grow up in. I also went to Karlstad University in my early twenties before leaving this place. Karlstad doesn't offer that much for a young person, but most of my class mates from High School are still around in Karlstad.

Things to do in Karlstad

Here's my suggestions on Karlstad's things to do. If you're staying for more than 1-2 days I think there are far more opportunites to go and explore more of Värmland County than to only stay in Karlstad:

+ Visit Värmland's Museum.
+ Visit the Alster Mansion which used to be the home of author Gustaf Fröding (not that far from Karlstad).
+ Do some shopping in "Mitt i City". A central shopping centre.
+ Take the bus to Bergvik and IKEA to do more shopping! :)
+ Take the bus to Skutberget which is not that far from Bergvik shopping centra. The biggest shopping mall in the area...

Tired of Karlstad?

Are you spending more than 2 days in the city? Why not contact the local Tourist Information Board and find out more what's going on in Wermland County? Perhaps take the bus or local train up to Sunne and visit Mårbacka Mansion? Nobel Prize winner/author Selma Lagerlöf lived there.

Or Oslo? Norway isn not that far away. You can easily board a train or Bus to Oslo.

• Pros:Nice, beautiful and friendly!
  • Cons:For most of the time not much is going on...that's why I left.
  • In a nutshell: It's small, it's fun, it's Karlstad! :D
  • Last visit to Karlstad: Oct 2012
  • Intro Updated Nov 22, 2012

Travelogues (1)

Comments

yvgr Visits Here Frequently!

yvgr

“Travel with an open mind :D”

Badges & Stats in Karlstad

Have you been to Karlstad?

Latest Activity in Karlstad