"Kil in Värmland County" Kil by yvgr
Kil Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 2 photos
Kil Municipality (Kils kommun) is a municipality in Värmland County in west central Sweden. Its seat is located in the town of Kil.
The local government reform of 1971 amalgamated Stora Kil, Järnskog and a part of Brunskog, thus forming Kil Municipality.
Kil means wedge, crack or similar in Swedish, in this case referring to a bay (old Swedish). The name is at least from the fifteenth century, referring to a bay by the small lake Hyn, where the church was constructed. The town later became the seat of the juridical Kil Hundred, which is known to have existed in 1426.
The wedge is noted in the coat of arms. Sweden's first Railroad opened here in 1849.
+ Take part of a pleasant atmosphere. It is almost as being out on the country side.
+ Lots of solitude. Plenty opportunites in hiking and explore the nature. Within the municipality there are many rivers, lakes and ponds and in our nature, you can hike, fish, pick berries and mushrooms. With luck, you get a chance to see wild animals like beaver, deer, moose and fox.
+ Visit Apertin Mansion & Estate.
Apertin has roots in the early 1100's, when monks from Aberdeen, Scotland settled down here. They came to quite new... more travel advice
yvgr's Related Pages
Kil Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Serra de Água
- Ban Kata
- New Quay
- Manatee Springs State Park
- Den Bosch
- Boleskine Hotels
- Kotamobagu Hotels
- Catskill State Park Hotels
- Val-d'Isère Hotels
- Phu Quoc
- Chelyabinskaya Oblast'
- Tsawwassen Hotels
- Tonto National Monument Hotels
- Marina di Grosseto
Badges & Stats in Kil
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kil
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstad Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos
- Halifax Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuopio Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Chicago Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kristinehamn Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uppsala Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
No friends yet.