"Norsborg" Norsborg by yvgr
Norsborg Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 3 photos
Norsborg is a part of Botkyrka Municipality in Stockholm County, Sweden. Norsborg and Hallunda are continuous suburbs. Norsborg has the south-western terminus of the Stockholm metro system's red line. It was opened in 1975 and is the westernmost of all Stockholm metro stations.
Norsborg has a strong connection with its own past since many traces of both Norse Viking age and Medieval Swedish history can be found here. Excavagation took place some 40 years ago concerning the Viking gravesites and the old castle grounds (ruins...)from medieval times. Some findings from the graves was also documented.
+ Visit Riksteatern. (Theatre)
+ Visit historical heritage sites like Hundhamra fornborg.(Ruins)
+ Many remains from Viking age, such as a grave site at Nedre Norsborg and runic scripture (runestones).
As I mentioned in the transportation tip for Norsborg, I suggest you have a companion with you who knows the local... more travel advice
yvgr's Related Pages
Norsborg Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Norsborg
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Norsborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Norsborg
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 14 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstad Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos
- Halifax Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuopio Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Chicago Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kristinehamn Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uppsala Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
No friends yet.