Seattle Off The Beaten Path Tips by GracesTrips
Seattle Off The Beaten Path: 288 reviews and 593 photos
Wine tasting at Chateau Ste. Michelle
Woodinville is about 25 minutes from Seattle. You don't see a sea of grapevines covering the landscape there but you do have a cluster of wine tasting rooms all in a common vicinity. Chateau Ste. Michelle is probably the most recognizable and most opulent of them all. Wine tasting there is free. We also visited Columbia, Januik & Brian Carter (my favorite). We seem to run out of time (it was a Sunday and tasting rooms generally don't open until noon). Wine tasting generally runs from $5 to $10 per person.
At Brian Carter there was an outdoor woodfire pizza stand. We all had some pizza and it was pretty good! The wine at Brian Carter is amazingly good.
If you enjoy wine, you should make it a point to check it out!
See more pics on my travelogue, link:
2012 VT World Meet in Seattle brought a lot of us together. Fortunately for us, we had some locals with us who knew about Kerry Park. We managed to take 14 people in 4 cars up to Kerry Park which was not too far from Belltown. Amazing views of the Space Needle, downtown Seattle skyline and Puget Sound.
If you can make it up there, the best time to go is at sunset! It's gorgeous!
211 W. Highland Drive, Seattle, WA 98119
The original site of United Parcel Service, a waterfall garden was erected and it's quite beautiful. Located in Pioneer Square on a street corner, is quite unexpected to see.
219 2nd Avenue South Seattle, WA 98104
The Ye Old Curiosity Shop - a tourist's souvenier shop but filled with the most unusual things to see and read about. You'll find shrunken heads, exotic artifacts and collectibles. We spent quite a bit of time is this place amusing ourselves.
Located at 1001 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98104
Probably there is, we did not search this out. But did drive by this statue of Hendricks mounted to the a sidewalk. There are many tributes to individuals here and there throughout the city. It's very cool, you should take the time to see who they are when you see one. Someone left a tulip on this day in Jimmy's mouth.
Haunted house on tour
I discovered this tour suggested by another VT member. Our first time in Seattle - no car rental, this was a good way to view the city. We did the Haunted Happenings Tour which Jake drove us around in a comfortable van to show us haunted places around the city. They also offer up a crime scenes and murder mystery tour. Very affordable - our tour lasted about 3 hours.
More Reviews (32)
GracesTrips' Related Pages
Seattle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The famous Space Needle in Seattle"
- ") @ L was great!"
- "Emerald City of the Northwest"
- "It's not always raining in Seattle"
- "Never Sip-less in Seattle"
- "A Great Place to Live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seattle
- Hotels in Seattle
- Transportation in Seattle
- Nightlife in Seattle
- Restaurants in Seattle
- Shopping in Seattle
- Warnings and Dangers in Seattle
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mountain View
- Magaliesberg Hotels
- San Antonio Abad Hotels
- Brambauer Hotels
- Colwall Hotels
- Poland Off The Beaten Path
- Nebraska Off The Beaten Path
- Khon Kaen Off The Beaten Path
- Tallinn Off The Beaten Path
- Languedoc-Roussillon Off The Beaten Path
- Ko Phi Phi Don Off The Beaten Path
- Thurso Off The Beaten Path
- Rosarito Beach
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Off The Beaten Path
- Delaware Water Gap Off The Beaten Path
- Glasgow Off The Beaten Path
- Zaragoza Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Seattle
- 38 Reviews
- 159 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Seattle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seattle
Photos in SeattleSee All Photos (159)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 110 reviews, 369 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 71 reviews, 332 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paso Robles Intro, 49 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 41 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 38 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 29 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 27 reviews, 152 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 42 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 27 reviews, 140 photos, 6 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (73)
Latest Seattle hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Seattle
- 307 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Grand Hyatt Seattle
- 983 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- MarQueen Hotel
- 384 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Bacon Mansion
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Lake Union Cottage
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 26, 2011
- Sixth Avenue Inn
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
- Homewood Suites by Hilton-Downtown
- 395 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Jet Motel
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 17, 2013
- Crowne Plaza Downtown
- 667 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Doubletree Hotel Seattle Airport
- 974 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Seattle Pacific Hotel
- 139 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Radisson Hotel Gateway Seattle-Tacoma Airport
- 382 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Hotel Vintage Park - A Kimpton Hotel
- 777 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Shafer-Baillie Mansion
- 165 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 19, 2013
- Howard Johnson Express Plaza
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 14, 2007
- Space Needle- 88 Reviews, 153 Photos
- Pike Place Market- 146 Reviews, 220 Photos
- Pioneer Square- 60 Reviews, 90 Photos
- Experience Music Project - EMP- 45 Reviews, 66 Photos
- Downtown Seattle- 43 Reviews, 79 Photos
- Ballard Locks- 24 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Fremont District- 15 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Boeing Factory- 12 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Aquarium- 26 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Museum Of Flight- 24 Reviews, 68 Photos
See All Seattle Things to Do