"The Highlight of our Trip!" Top 5 Page for this destination Haleiwa by GracesTrips
Haleiwa Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 163 photos
Swimming with endangered Green Sea Turtles was just amazing. We snorkeled on this beach and could watch the turtles swimming underwater and grazing on the rocks. I was amazed how large they were! Someone was always on this beach making sure the public kept their distance from the turtles and not to bother them or feed them. See more sea turtle photos under "Things to Do". The snorkeling at this beach was great! Better than when we snorkeled in Kauai the week before. There were plenty of fish, sea slugs, even sea snakes and puffer fish. Sea anemones lodged in the crevices of the rocks. We liked it so much we went two days in a row.
The beautiful beach is located west of Waimea Bay. There were not so many people which made it even better. Plenty of space to snorkel without bumping into anyone. The waters were fairly calm - good for an amateur snorkeler like me.
My baby and I enjoying the beach! I really enjoy traveling with her!
Check out my food tips under restaurant and off the beaten path!
- Pros:Just what you expect in Hawaii!
- Cons:Too far from Waikiki - spent an hour getting there
- In a nutshell:What a great little town, everything you can want is here!
The Masked Man with a weed eater in his hands! He is just a gardener keeping the dirt from getting into his face. We... more travel advice
Your typical Mexican restaurant. It wasn't the best I ever had but, you know, it was pretty good! I ordered 2 shrimp... more travel advice
GracesTrips' Related Pages
Haleiwa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Haleiwa - A Place I Could Happily Live In!"
- "Gateway to the North Shore"
- "The Highlight of our Trip!"
- "Big Wave Surfing Gateway"
- "Haleiwa Girl"
- "north shore"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Haleiwa
- Hotels in Haleiwa
- Transportation in Haleiwa
- Restaurants in Haleiwa
- Shopping in Haleiwa
- Warnings and Dangers in Haleiwa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Haleiwa
- 11 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Haleiwa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haleiwa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 117 reviews, 401 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 84 reviews, 384 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paso Robles Intro, 60 reviews, 238 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahiti Intro, 32 reviews, 182 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 41 reviews, 166 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 38 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 29 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 27 reviews, 152 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 42 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues