"The Highlight of our Trip!" Top 5 Page for this destination Haleiwa by GracesTrips

Haleiwa Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 163 photos

Swimming with endangered Green Sea Turtles was just amazing. We snorkeled on this beach and could watch the turtles swimming underwater and grazing on the rocks. I was amazed how large they were! Someone was always on this beach making sure the public kept their distance from the turtles and not to bother them or feed them. See more sea turtle photos under "Things to Do". The snorkeling at this beach was great! Better than when we snorkeled in Kauai the week before. There were plenty of fish, sea slugs, even sea snakes and puffer fish. Sea anemones lodged in the crevices of the rocks. We liked it so much we went two days in a row.

The beautiful beach is located west of Waimea Bay. There were not so many people which made it even better. Plenty of space to snorkel without bumping into anyone. The waters were fairly calm - good for an amateur snorkeler like me.

My baby and I enjoying the beach! I really enjoy traveling with her!

Check out my food tips under restaurant and off the beaten path!

• Pros:Just what you expect in Hawaii!
  • Cons:Too far from Waikiki - spent an hour getting there
  • In a nutshell:What a great little town, everything you can want is here!
  • Last visit to Haleiwa: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 15, 2014

• risse73's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Grace, I enjoyed your Haleiwa tips. Never been to Hawaii, but would love to visit there one day. You are a wonderful mom who drove through pineapple fields in order to make your daughter happy, but in the end despise the food at Denny's. Cheers! -Marissa-

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Hi Grace! Snorkeling there must be really great! Ahhh, I love turtles! It was my dream to swim with them for a long time - finally I did it in Fernando de Noronha Islands in Brazil :)))

• Onedragon's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2008 at 12:11 AM

Matsumoto's do have the best Shaved Ice ..Don't they !! : )))

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2008 at 12:50 AM

We loved Haleiwa & the North Shore & we are excited to be going back again late this year. Have to keep my eyes peeled for that van, for the food & to sign it! lol! Regards from Sydney.

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2007 at 1:00 PM

Awesome photos! We love visiting the North Shore.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2007 at 10:05 AM

Great page! Everything you did sounds like so much fun! Love swimming with the honu; the horseback riding, and a shrimp lunch from that truck!

GracesTrips

“So many places, so little time.....”

Badges & Stats in Haleiwa

Have you been to Haleiwa?

Latest Activity in Haleiwa