"Island Paradise Not Too Far Away!" Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Catalina Island by GracesTrips
Santa Catalina Island Travel Guide: 208 reviews and 462 photos
This is a place you can visit for a day or for a weekend. The boat ride over is about 1 hour and 10 minutes one way and costs about $59 per person round trip with many departure areas from Los Angeles. There are soooo many activities available to experience on Catalina. The dining experience is so-so but we did enjoy a very superb, classy meal at the Country Club Restaurant. The ambience was wonderful with a great view of the harbor. Hope you get a chance to visit if you have never been!
My third trip to Catalina, October 2007, to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. We spent the weekend from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon. We attended one of the venues at the Jazz Trax Festival - Kirk Whalum (he is awesome!). My baby and her boyfriend came on Saturday just to spend the day. We rented a golf cart and drove around the designated areas where the rented carts are allowed to go. We played some miniature golf. The town of Avalon is not that big. Since, my daughter and her boyfriend had not been to Avalon before, we walked by all the shops and had dinner at the Channel House. On our boat ride back, on the Catalina Express, we had a slight delay. Apparently, the CE is one of the fastest boats in the local waters. When the coast guard feels they cannot arrive to a situation fast enough, they will ask the CE to be a first responder to help out. Well, on our way back to Long Beach, there was an unmanned boat. The thought was he went overboard because the wind was pretty strong and the waves were very choppy. Turned out, he was a diver and went out to sea, by himself. A scary moment turned out to be okay and learned something new about the Catalina Express.
Golf Cart Ride Video on Catalina YouTube
Helicopter ride to and from Catalina and Long Beach are available. Prices are kind of steep. This one seems reasonable.... more travel advice
This shop if off the beaten path. The stores on Crescent Avenue that sell sea shells are sort of expensive. This place... more travel advice
- See All Snorkeling
- See All What looks like a submarine, but not
- What ever your heart desires!
- Jazz Festival
GracesTrips' Related Pages
Santa Catalina Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Island Paradise Not Too Far Away!"
- "Santa Catalina Island"
- "Avalon, Catalina Island - A lovely little place"
- "Santa Catalina Island"
- "An Island so close to shore in Los Angeles"
- "Avalon Bay and Santa Catalina Island"
- "Undiscovered Paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Catalina Island
- Hotels in Santa Catalina Island
- Transportation in Santa Catalina Island
- Nightlife in Santa Catalina Island
- Restaurants in Santa Catalina Island
- Shopping in Santa Catalina Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Catalina Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Catalina Island
- 36 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Santa Catalina Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Catalina Island
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Has anyone heard from Wal, VT..."
- Commented on one of GracesTrips's Santa Catalina Island travel pages
- Wrote a Review Snorkeling in Santa Catalina Island Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Glass Bottom Boat Ride, Peddle Boats, Kayaks"
- updated a Santa Catalina Island Travel Page "Island Paradise Not Too Far Away!"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 118 reviews, 406 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 406 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paso Robles Intro, 65 reviews, 255 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahiti Intro, 32 reviews, 182 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 41 reviews, 166 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 38 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 29 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 27 reviews, 152 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 42 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues