Pasadena Nightlife Tips by GracesTrips Top 5 Page for this destination
Pasadena Nightlife: 14 reviews and 9 photos
This is a wonderful way to spend an evening when it's hot. Bring a picnic and listen to some great, free music! There's plenty of parking (you will have to pay for it). There is even an area off to the side of the stage for dancing.
Check out the website to see who is playing and when. Most of the entertainers have their own website links such as myspace where you can listen to what they might be performing.
Dress Code: Casual but decent
Address: 85 E. Holly Street, Pasadena, CA
Directions: Corner of Raymond and Holly
We have come here several times to eat and drink. But come later in the evening, towards the back of the restaurant (literally - a back entrance) there is a small club atmosphere with a live jazz band playing. You can order meals there, too. They also have some great wine flights it you would like to do some wine tasting. It's a good idea to make reservations if you can. Tables are limited. See my restaurant tip as well.
Dress Code: California Casual
Address: 70 S. Raymond, Pasadena, CA
Directions: In Old Town Pasadena at the northeast corner of Raymond and Green Street. South of Colorado Blvd.
Theme: Live Music
Located in Altadena, just north of Pasadena. I don't even know where Pasadena ends and Altadena starts.
This is a 49 seat show of various kinds of musical entertainment. Located in the back of the Coffee Gallery. Reservations are highly recommended. See the link below for shows and other info.
Address: 2029 N. Lake, Altadena, CA 91001
Directions: From the 210 FWY, exit Lake Avenue, travel north.
Theme: Live Music
Ultra modern design, the tapas are very yummy and expensive. Wine selection is very good. Before 9pm, you can relax in the bar or in their "tapas" lounge with small tables. Happy Hour is Monday through Friday between 4:30pm-7pm - 50% off all drinks.
After 9pm, the kitchen closes and the music is turned up LOUD! The bar area is standing room only. The place transforms into a place to be seen and chatting is all the rage. Mostly young adults seem to be hanging at this time.
Address: 20 E. Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA
Directions: In Old Town Pasadena on Colorado Blvd. south side of the street.
Theme: Adult Spot
Twin Palms is a restaurant. But in evening at about 10pm it transforms into a discoteque. A live band is usually performing. You can visit their website to see who the performing entertainment is for the night. I believe there is no cover charge. I have never paid one. It's a large place with plenty of room for dancing. The dining and entertainment area is outdoors under a covered tent like canopy with outdoor heaters for when it's cold.
Also listed on my restaurant tips.
Address: 101 W. Green Street, Pasadena, CA 91105
Directions: In Old Town Pasadena, just south of Colorado Blvd. on the corner of Green Street and DeLacy. There is a parking structure right next door to the restaurant on DeLacy if you don't want to valet park.
Theme: Eating and Drinking
So, my boyfriend and I are always in Pasadena because he lives in the area. We thought we knew of everything there is to know in this town and WHAT!, I didn't know about this place. We plan to check it out this weekend and I will update this tip. Located at the Paseo shopping center on Colorado Blvd. just east of Old Town Pasadena.
Cover charges vary depending on the entertainment. The website indicates you can have dinner there as well. The site also indicates you can purchase your tickets online but I don't think you can at the moment. Perhaps they are working towards that.
Music seems to vary from jazz, blues and big band. So, check out the calendar of events to see if you would be interested in that evening's performance.
Dress Code: In SoCal, anything goes. Casual jeans to dressy sequins, it doesn't matter.
Address: 260 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA
Theme: Live Music
This is one of the oldest comedy clubs in Los Angeles. It's great fun. Not really for kids because most comedians can be vulger in their language. The cost for a show can run about $18. They have a 2 drink minimum which means you have to buy two drinks. Doesn't have to be an alcoholic beverage. They serve food, too, I think more along the lines of appetizers. It's small venue, so it can get filled up fast.
Dress Code: Casual
Address: 24 N. Mentor Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91106
Directions: South of the 210 Freeway, East of Lake Avenue, 1 block north of Colorado Blvd. Entrance is located behind the building what looks like an alley. Pay parking available across the street.
Theme: Adult Spot
More Reviews (110)
- See All American Grill
- See All The Athenaeum
- See All Sometimes it Snows in SoCal!
- See All 1st Sunday in May Art Market
- See All Excellent Home Store
GracesTrips' Related Pages
Pasadena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~Pasadena~Route 66"
- "One of the best places to visit in So Cal!"
- "Don't Pass on Pasadena!"
- "Pasadena beyond the Rose Bowl"
- "Pasadena - Old Time Charm and Beauty"
- "Showing Sarah my Home State"
- "Pretty Pasadena"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pasadena
- Hotels in Pasadena
- Transportation in Pasadena
- Nightlife in Pasadena
- Restaurants in Pasadena
- Shopping in Pasadena
- Warnings and Dangers in Pasadena
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pasadena
- 117 Reviews
- 407 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Pasadena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pasadena
Photos in PasadenaSee All Photos (407)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 97 reviews, 506 photos, 21 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 117 reviews, 407 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 53 reviews, 336 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paso Robles Intro, 68 reviews, 269 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 27 reviews, 196 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahiti Intro, 32 reviews, 182 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 41 reviews, 166 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 36 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 29 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 27 reviews, 152 photos, 7 travelogues
- Architecture / Gardens- 48 Reviews, 136 Photos
- Rose Parade- 8 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Norton Simon Museum- 5 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory- 3 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Rose Bowl- 10 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Rose Bowl Flee Market- 1 Review, 1 Photo
- Dodger Stadium- 1 Review, 1 Photo
- Huntington Library- 1 Review, 1 Photo
- Art Center College of Design- 1 Review, 1 Photo
- Laughter Club- 1 Review, 1 Photo
See All Pasadena Things to Do