"One of the best places to visit in So Cal!" Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena by GracesTrips

Pasadena Travel Guide: 372 reviews and 1,104 photos

I love Pasadena! I'm in Pasadena all the time. It's just about 15-20 minutes from my home and what better place to be to shop and eat anywhere in Southern California. There are a TON of great restaurants in Pasadena (as you can see by all my restaurant tips). I think I have had breakfast, lunch and dinner at more than half of them! I have a favorite dress shop I like to go to in Old Town. Going to the movies, having some gelato, eat a cupcake or wine tasting are some of my favorite things to do in Pasadena!

Coming soon, Saturday, June 7th is Make Music Pasadena 2014.This is a free festival with live music stages all throughout Old Town Pasadena!

Also coming, Pasadena Chalk Festival on Saturday & Sunday, June 14th & 15th at the Paseo.

Just northwest of Pasadena is the city of Montrose. Not too well known but very quaint and worth going to the festivals there. Might want to check it out if you want to see what small town life is like in SoCal.

Old Town Pasadena is just wonderful. Great place to shop, walk around, eat, people watch, etc. Pasadena also will host a number of festivals during the year. One of my favorites is the music festival. Venues from as far west as Pasadena Avenue all the way to Lake Avenue off of Colorado Blvd., Union Street, Green Street and in alley ways, you find bands playing. It's great!

Photo taken by my boyfriend at the Rose Bowl, New Years Day 2010

Make sure to check out my Things to Do tip on JPL! Very worthwhile if you have time to plan ahead!

• Last visit to Pasadena: Jun 2013
  • Intro Updated Apr 18, 2014

• tratoria's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2011 at 2:53 PM

HI, Pasadena is a beatiful city, I was there for the rose parade last year arriving on December 30 and leaving January 2nd. What a great time I spent on that city and the towns around Burbank, LAX.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2011 at 9:20 PM

La Luna Negra is one of my Pasadena favorites. How true about the The Arboretum & Botanic Garden in Arcadia. Only a mile from where my mother once lived. Great tips! My granddaughter was in the PCC Honors Rose Parade band the last 3 years.

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Wow Pasadena looks fantastic with museums, wine tasting, jazz, concerts and rose parade. I likes your tips and photos. Great job! Bora

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Saw you mentioning "Jet Propulsion Lab" in the forum, so I head off to your tips, hehehe...I'm such a nerd...very nice tips, Norman :)

• Fullmoonfever's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2008 at 12:08 PM

don't go to China right now, it's very hot!

• Mr.Sparkle's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2008 at 5:42 PM

cool page and great tips

• Apr 11, 2008 at 9:35 AM

Nice page

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2008 at 7:58 PM

Great restaurant tips! I haven't been terribly successful at finding good food in Pasadena yet but if I go back on my next trip, I'll be sure to try out one of your recommendations :-)

• bisous333's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2008 at 9:39 AM

Thanks Grace. I'm enjoying reading your pages. You seem to be a really cool mum!

• Jan 21, 2008 at 1:34 PM

First thank you for the Happy Bday greeting:)Long time I wasnt on my Vt! It was pleasure reading your restauarant tips!!Made me realy hungry:) Have nice day:) Hello from Budapest:)

GracesTrips

“So many places, so little time.....”

Badges & Stats in Pasadena

Have you been to Pasadena?

Latest Activity in Pasadena