Napa Things to Do Tips by GracesTrips Top 5 Page for this destination
Napa Things to Do: 203 reviews and 507 photos
Located at the base of Howell Mountain. Viader (pronounced VEE-ah-dare) cannot claim to be a Howell Mountain wine because they are 200 feet below the designated elevation to be considered a Howell Mountain wine. None-the-less, their wines are very good. I'm not a fan of Cab Franc but they make a good one. They also make a very good cabernet sauvignon but it comes with a hefty price tag. They have an amazing view of the Napa Valley. Wine tasting costs $50 but will be waived with a $100 wine purchase. By appointment only.
Address: 1120 Deer Park Road, Deer Park, CA 94576
Located in the Stags Leap region, you do not have to make an appointment. Wine tasting includes a tiny food pairing. Open daily from 10am - 4:30pm. Their red blend is pretty good and affordable. They have facility tours by appointment.
Address: 6320 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94558
Located in the Stags Leap region, they have some great wines. The website indicates you should make an appointment but they seem to take walk-ins as well. I liked their Patriarch. But, we can buy it from our local wine store in Pasadena. They are open daily from 10am-5pm. Currently, wine tastings cost $25 per person.
Address: 5584 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94558
Located in Oakville part of Napa. It's a bit of driving through the vineyard to get to the tasting room. Rustic setting and wine tasting costs $20.00 which is not outrageous compared to what some of the other wineries are charging these days. No appointment necessary. Open daily from 10am - 4pm.
Address: 620 Oakville Cross Road, Oakville, CA 94562
Normally, you would find this tip under Shopping but I strongly feel this is a "MUST" Things to do tip. What can I say, it's not your typical market. It's an amazing collection of artisan purveyors selling the most extraordinary ingredients, meat, cheese, oil, spices, pastries, fresh oysters & seafood. Even if you're not hungry, I think you will find something to buy and bring home. I did! Kaffir Lime Leaves are hard to come by but they have them! I also found my Italian herbed salt that someone had given me and I was just about out. We also bought some wine here (yes, at the market instead of a winery). A recommendation for dinner one evening, we liked the wine so much that I went back to buy what they had left. Great place!
Address: 644 1st. Street, Napa, CA 94559
It is pronounced Cliff Lede (lay-dee). Located in Yountville. Easy to find, easy to get to. Open daily from 10am-4pm, no appointment necessary. Very nice tasting room and grounds. Their Pinot Noirs are very good.
Address: 1473 Yountville Cross Road, Yountville, CA 94599
Hall is located right on Highway 29 in St. Helena. It's a large place and their wines are very good. Worth making the stop.
Address: 401 St Helena Hwy St Helena, CA 94574
The tasting room is located Downtown Napa. Robert Craig Vineyard is located in Howell Mountain but made reaching them easier by having this tasting room right in town. It's open to daily to the public and their wines are worth tasting and buying.
Address: 625 Imperial Way, Napa, CA 94559
By appointment only. Located in Howell Mountain, it's a really windy road up the hill. There is no initial sign for the winery from White Cottage Road. You locate the black gate, pass through and drive until you see the gate of O'Shaughnessy. Absolutely, beautiful winery. They do all their processing there on the premises. We only tasted a couple wines. The wine visits are really for their club members.
Address: Friesen Drive, Angwin, CA
Maisonry's tasting room is also an art gallery. This particular place not only will taste the Maisonry and Blackbird Vineyards (their primary labels) but will taste you on other vineyards as well. Lots of outdoor space to taste comfortably at. The artwork is interesting but pricey. We were not too fond of the wines. I think, partly, because they were released too early. Located in the heart of Yountville. Lots of great places to eat at nearby.
Address: 6711 Washington Street, Yountville, CA 94599
More Reviews (22)
- See All Good Breakfast!
- Ride the Trolley in Yountville
- See All Westin never lets you down!
- See All Napa Valley Guide Book!
- Share your tastings
GracesTrips' Related Pages
Napa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE CALIFORNIA WINE COUNTRY"
- "Napa Valley - A Wine Lover's Paradise!"
- "Napa Valley"
- "Spectacular Napa!"
- "Napa: Gateway to America's Premier Wine Region"
- "Wine... wine... and more wine!"
- "The Creation of The Peruvian Wrap"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Napa
- Hotels in Napa
- Transportation in Napa
- Nightlife in Napa
- Restaurants in Napa
- Shopping in Napa
- Warnings and Dangers in Napa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Napa
- 42 Reviews
- 128 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Napa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Napa
Photos in NapaSee All Photos (128)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 117 reviews, 406 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 86 reviews, 408 photos, 16 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 38 reviews, 286 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paso Robles Intro, 65 reviews, 256 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahiti Intro, 32 reviews, 182 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 41 reviews, 166 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 37 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 29 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 27 reviews, 152 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (81)
- Robert Mondavi Winery- 8 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Sterling Vineyards- 7 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Napa Valley- 8 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Opus One Winery- 3 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Niebaum-Coppola winery- 4 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Silverado Trail- 2 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Beringer Vineyards- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Napa Wine Train- 3 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Rutherford Hill Winery- 3 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Domaine Chandon Winery- 1 Review, 5 Photos
See All Napa Things to Do