"Spectacular Napa!" Top 5 Page for this destination Napa by GracesTrips

Napa Travel Guide: 441 reviews and 1,237 photos

Six Hours from Los Angeles

I haven't been back to Napa since 2007. Our 3 day weekend trip in 2013 was not as aggressive wine tasting as we have done in the past. We met up with friends who arranged wine tasting for us on Saturday. On Sunday we had a few appointments and visited some wineries we were familiar with. The best part of our weekend was having dinner, wine and being with friends. This time we stayed at the Westin Verasa and it was wonderful. I think this is where we will stay from now on when we go.

On my second trip to Napa it was in the Spring time. Before that, it was in the fall of October. On our second visit, we visited less wineries than the first time but I was very pleased to see the wineries I missed last time I was there. The wine pairing at Merryvale was a slight disappointment but the guests we were with made it an enjoyable experience. I made reservations at two restaurants, Celadon and Martini House. Both were fabulous! I can't talk about opentable.com enough - it is a fabulous website for checking out restaurants and making reservations online! We drove back to LA taking the coastline route for part of the way. We stopped off in Carmel which is a very quaint town with botique shops and great restaurants.

View from Opus One May 2007

If you are a wine drinker, you should be familiar with Opus One. A bottle in a restaurant will fetch $100 plus. A wine tasting here is not worth while since you will have to pay $25 for a glass of wine - that is for 1 taste. But, I must admit, this is a spectacular establishment to visit! The views are great! So, go visit but skip the wine tasting.

Driving on Oakgrove Road

Oh, just look at this drive, the tree lined road, it was gorgeous. I hope this picture conveys how beautiful this winding drive from Napa to Sonoma was. While visiting Napa, you should include visiting Healdsburg as well. Lots of wineries in this area and the landscape is gorgeous!

Another wine region to consider visiting is in Amador County in the city of Plymouth. East of Sacramento and not much else to do but taste wine, a lotta wine!

• Last visit to Napa: Jul 2013
  • Intro Updated Jul 18, 2013

• happypasttime's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Enjoyed reading about your restaurant experiences in Napa!

• Apr 9, 2009 at 3:18 AM

I visited Napa back in '97 and was apart of a few different wine tasting tours. I remember the area as shown in your pictures: bright, green, and sunny.

• malianrob's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2008 at 11:49 AM

I loved ur Napa page. I would love to go to Napa and we were thinking about going in early Dec for my b-day. I looked online and it looks like Dec is the rainy and cold time of the year there. Is it worth it to still go or wait for another time? Maria

• touristgal's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2008 at 9:22 AM

Just got back from that area. It is very special, isn't it? Have you tried Sonoma? Let's get together LA girl, sometime.

• Fullmoonfever's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2008 at 3:18 PM

I actually have a secret plan.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2007 at 5:03 AM

Nice insight into Napa, thanks for sharing!

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2007 at 1:39 PM

Hi Grace, thanks for your birthday greeting. Nice Napa page, one of my favorite places is Napa and Sonoma. Karl

• GenuinelyCurious's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2007 at 10:53 PM

Nice Napa collection. Since you seem to love restaurants, next time you're up in northern Cali, you might want to check out San Francisco's finest...

GracesTrips

“So many places, so little time.....”

Badges & Stats in Napa