"Spectacular Napa!" Top 5 Page for this destination Napa by GracesTrips
Napa Travel Guide: 443 reviews and 1,242 photos
I haven't been back to Napa since 2007. Our 3 day weekend trip in 2013 was not as aggressive wine tasting as we have done in the past. We met up with friends who arranged wine tasting for us on Saturday. On Sunday we had a few appointments and visited some wineries we were familiar with. The best part of our weekend was having dinner, wine and being with friends. This time we stayed at the Westin Verasa and it was wonderful. I think this is where we will stay from now on when we go.
On my second trip to Napa it was in the Spring time. Before that, it was in the fall of October. On our second visit, we visited less wineries than the first time but I was very pleased to see the wineries I missed last time I was there. The wine pairing at Merryvale was a slight disappointment but the guests we were with made it an enjoyable experience. I made reservations at two restaurants, Celadon and Martini House. Both were fabulous! I can't talk about opentable.com enough - it is a fabulous website for checking out restaurants and making reservations online! We drove back to LA taking the coastline route for part of the way. We stopped off in Carmel which is a very quaint town with botique shops and great restaurants.
If you are a wine drinker, you should be familiar with Opus One. A bottle in a restaurant will fetch $100 plus. A wine tasting here is not worth while since you will have to pay $25 for a glass of wine - that is for 1 taste. But, I must admit, this is a spectacular establishment to visit! The views are great! So, go visit but skip the wine tasting.
Oh, just look at this drive, the tree lined road, it was gorgeous. I hope this picture conveys how beautiful this winding drive from Napa to Sonoma was. While visiting Napa, you should include visiting Healdsburg as well. Lots of wineries in this area and the landscape is gorgeous!
Another wine region to consider visiting is in Amador County in the city of Plymouth. East of Sacramento and not much else to do but taste wine, a lotta wine!
We were on our way home and decided to have some breakfast before heading down the road. This turned out to be a great... more travel advice
Located in the Stags Leap region, you do not have to make an appointment. Wine tasting includes a tiny food pairing.... more travel advice
- Ride the Trolley in Yountville
- See All Westin never lets you down!
- See All Napa Valley Guide Book!
- Share your tastings
GracesTrips' Related Pages
Napa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE CALIFORNIA WINE COUNTRY"
- "Napa Valley - A Wine Lover's Paradise!"
- "Napa Valley"
- "Spectacular Napa!"
- "Napa: Gateway to America's Premier Wine Region"
- "Wine... wine... and more wine!"
- "The Creation of The Peruvian Wrap"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Napa
- Hotels in Napa
- Transportation in Napa
- Nightlife in Napa
- Restaurants in Napa
- Shopping in Napa
- Warnings and Dangers in Napa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Napa
- 42 Reviews
- 128 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Napa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Napa
Photos in NapaSee All Photos (128)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 117 reviews, 401 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 86 reviews, 394 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paso Robles Intro, 63 reviews, 238 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahiti Intro, 32 reviews, 182 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 41 reviews, 166 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 38 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 29 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 27 reviews, 152 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 42 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues