Los Angeles Nightlife Tips by GracesTrips Top 5 Page for this destination
Los Angeles Nightlife: 225 reviews and 163 photos
In Downtown LA, there is a wonderful cultural center that comprises the Music Center venues and the LA County Library. You can purchase tickets in advance or the day of the venue if tickets are still available.
Dress Code: Dress appropriately for the venue. Symphonies and Operas require a more formal dress than a rock concert or musical. Use common sense.
Address: 135 North Grand Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90012
Directions: Very close to the 101 and 110 FWYS. You should be able to see signs indicating Music Center.
Gladys Night Performing
The Greek Theatre located up near the Griffith Observatory is an outdoor concert venue that is just fabulous! It's not a very big venue like the Hollywood Bowl and the intimate setting makes for a nicer experience. Parking is plentiful but be prepared to park on the dirt or grass. Parking is stacked which means rows of cars are parked behind other rows of cars with no spaces. The only way to exit is if the car in front of you has gone. It's best advised to buy your tickets in advance. Register on the website for advanced notification or presale of concert tickets. You can buy tickets on the day of the event at the box office but you'll be taking chances if the venue is sold out or the seats are really far up in the back but even if you don't get great seats, two large big screens are available for your viewing.
Dress Code: In California, I think anything goes. I believe you have to wear a shirt and shoes is the minimum requirement. I've seen anything from shorts to evening dresses, fur coats, jeans, flip flops and some very peculiar clothes as well.
Ladies, your purses are subject to search. I'm not sure what they are looking for but don't try to sneak in food. They will make you get rid of it.
Address: 2700 North Vermont, Los Angeles, CA 90027
Directions: The route I take is from the 5 FWY, exit Los Feliz, travel west on Los Feliz. Turn right or go north on Hillhurst until you get to the theatre.
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Reviews (81)
GracesTrips' Related Pages
Los Angeles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Getting at the Heart of L.A."
- ""El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles""
- "Coming to LA, see what all of SoCal has to offer!"
- "Los Angeles"
- "My Hometown: Los Angeles"
- "Gloss Angeles"
- "City of the Angels"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Los Angeles
- Hotels in Los Angeles
- Transportation in Los Angeles
- Nightlife in Los Angeles
- Restaurants in Los Angeles
- Shopping in Los Angeles
- Warnings and Dangers in Los Angeles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Los Angeles
- 83 Reviews
- 379 Photos
- 139 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Los Angeles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Los Angeles
- Posted in Travel United States of America Forum "Re: Duty Free when US to US to..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Another New Trendy Restaurant"
- Wrote a Review Another New Trendy Restaurant in Los Angeles Restaurants
- created a Los Angeles Travelogue "Miscellaneous Photos Around Downtown LA"
- Commented on one of GracesTrips's Los Angeles tips
- Uploaded a Video to Los Angeles
Photos in Los AngelesSee All Photos (379)
Videos in Los AngelesSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 116 reviews, 396 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 83 reviews, 379 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paso Robles Intro, 60 reviews, 238 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahiti Intro, 32 reviews, 182 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 41 reviews, 166 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 38 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 29 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 27 reviews, 152 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 42 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (81)
- Universal Studios- 121 Reviews, 181 Photos
- Hollywood Walk of Fame- 61 Reviews, 97 Photos
- Olvera Street- 61 Reviews, 152 Photos
- Venice Beach- 59 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Disneyland- 59 Reviews, 82 Photos
- Griffith Park Observatory- 24 Reviews, 39 Photos
- Star's Homes- 16 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Chinatown- 18 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Warner Bros Studio Tour- 18 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Hollywood Sign- 34 Reviews, 37 Photos
See All Los Angeles Things to Do