"Coming to LA, see what all of SoCal has to offer!" Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles by GracesTrips

Los Angeles Travel Guide: 4,443 reviews and 9,013 photos

The Nokia Theatre LA Live Entertainment Center

Coming soon, Restaurant Week from July 14 - July 27!

Also, Virtual Tourist Meet in August. I'll be on the TMZ Tour and Magic Castle Dinner!

Every second Thursday of the month is Downtown Art Walk in Los Angeles. A self-guided tour is FREE. For more information click on Art Walk.

I have lived in Los Angeles County all my life. Los Angeles has changed a great deal since I was a little girl in the 60's. Some of it for the better, some not so good. LA county is huge! Lot's of cities are within the county and you should look at my pages for each city separately.

If you're planning a visit, some great places to stay are Pasadena, Santa Monica, Univeral City, Hollywood, Malibu, Pacific Palisades, or Marina Del Rey to name a few spots.

Definite must do's...

You should definitely check out the new Nokia LA Live Entertainment Center! Definitely go at night! The lights and big screens are just amazing! Universal Studios or Universal City Walk, the Griffith Observatory and Long Beach Aquarium are also places you should see (see my things to do tips)!

The Getty Villa is an experience you will not see anywhere else!

Go shopping at 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica (on Saturdays & Sundays-the farmer's market) or the Americana at Brand in Glendale where they have a fabulous new shopping center.

Go see Venice Beach, it's wild or try tandem sky diving in Lake Elsinore!

In LA, The Grove is a wonderful spot to shop and eat! I suppose most people want to see Beverly Hills (Rodeo Drive).

And, make sure to check out my Hollywood travel page, too!

Not so close to LA but one of my favorite places to hang out at is Laguna Beach. If you come to LA, perhaps you make this a "must do", you won't reget it! Laguna is about 1 hour south of LA. Huntington Beach (Orange County), is not as far and pretty nice, still about 1/2 hour south of LA. In the Orange County area, lots of fun for the kids - visit Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm.

Another great destination, if you can "swing it", is going to Catalina. You can go for the day but it will take you all day. I enjoy going for the weekend to take in some of the activities (like snorkling) or attending the jazz festival.

Two hours to the north of Los Angeles is another great destination, Santa Barbara. You can spend the day, spend the weekend. It's a always a little cooler than Los Angeles and it's beautiful!

Annually, the Los Angeles Convention Center will host the Car Show. All the latest and greatest in new cars and concept cars are presented here. It used to be held in January of each year. Starting this year, we get the show in November. See more pics of cars in my LA Car Show album below.

As I build this travel page, I'll make more recommendations and perhaps this will help you with your visit. I've lived in the LA area all my life. I love everything that Southern California has to offer. Mountains, the beach, every single concert tour comes by, plays, fabulous restaurants, festivals every weekend, shopping deals and excursions - it's all right here. And to travel to any destination is so easy because we literally have access to several airports. So, even though we have to deal with smog, traffic and earthquakes, the pros, more than, out way the cons.

Los Angeles freeway video from the 101 to 10

• Last visit to Los Angeles: Jul 2014
  • Intro Updated Jul 15, 2014

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Grew up in LA. Long Beach, Hawthorne and Manhattan Beach. Thanks for your extensive work here - like a trip down memory lane. And so much easier than driving down there!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Another excellent LA page. There is so much more I need to see! Keep it coming!

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Hi Grace, Yes, warm today in all of LA. Tomorrow will be a little cloudy and it may rain on your parade, Monday. Leaving shortly for Joe's Crab Shack in Ventura. Will drink to your Birthday.:-)

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Hi Grace, is that your Xmas list disguised as a LA shopping tip? Have a merry Xmas, Karl

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Hi, Grace! Thanx for your wonderful page! ...

• malianrob's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2008 at 11:34 AM

I will try to stay cool. I hear its going to be a scorcher. We will be at Disneyland for my daughters birthday. Maria

• maneckk's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2008 at 12:21 AM

Great Tips and a Great Restaurant Page, Cheers

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Grace, nice tips of LA. The Science Center seems an interesting place. I visited LA and Disneyland when I was 17 in the last century. Its even hot here. California must be hot, too.

• Hopkid's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Wow, have a great trip! I need to go back and visit my roots (mom's side) one day. Eat a live baby octopus for me!

• daryll's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2008 at 11:21 AM

thanks for the megabus usa recommendation, its great to able cut my travel budget.

GracesTrips

“So many places, so little time.....”

Badges & Stats in Los Angeles

Have you been to Los Angeles?

Latest Activity in Los Angeles