"Coming to LA, see what all of SoCal has to offer!" Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles by GracesTrips
Los Angeles Travel Guide: 4,551 reviews and 9,390 photos
I have lived in Los Angeles County all my life. Los Angeles has changed a great deal since I was a little girl in the 60's. Some of it for the better, some not so good. LA county is huge! Lot's of cities are within the county and you should look at my pages for each city separately.
If you're planning a visit, some great places to stay are Pasadena, Santa Monica, Univeral City, Hollywood, Malibu, Pacific Palisades, or Marina Del Rey to name a few spots.
Definite must do's...
You should definitely check out the new Nokia LA Live Entertainment Center! Definitely go at night! The lights and big screens are just amazing! Universal Studios or Universal City Walk, the Griffith Observatory and Long Beach Aquarium are also places you should see (see my things to do tips)!
The Getty Villa is an experience you will not see anywhere else!
Go shopping at 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica (on Saturdays & Sundays-the farmer's market) or the Americana at Brand in Glendale where they have a fabulous new shopping center.
Go see Venice Beach, it's wild or try tandem sky diving in Lake Elsinore!
In LA, The Grove is a wonderful spot to shop and eat! I suppose most people want to see Beverly Hills (Rodeo Drive).
And, make sure to check out my Hollywood travel page, too!
Not so close to LA but one of my favorite places to hang out at is Laguna Beach. If you come to LA, perhaps you make this a "must do", you won't reget it! Laguna is about 1 hour south of LA. Huntington Beach (Orange County), is not as far and pretty nice, still about 1/2 hour south of LA. In the Orange County area, lots of fun for the kids - visit Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm.
Another great destination, if you can "swing it", is going to Catalina. You can go for the day but it will take you all day. I enjoy going for the weekend to take in some of the activities (like snorkling) or attending the jazz festival.
Two hours to the north of Los Angeles is another great destination, Santa Barbara. You can spend the day, spend the weekend. It's a always a little cooler than Los Angeles and it's beautiful!
Annually, the Los Angeles Convention Center will host the Car Show. All the latest and greatest in new cars and concept cars are presented here. It used to be held in January of each year. Starting this year, we get the show in November. See more pics of cars in my LA Car Show album below.
As I build this travel page, I'll make more recommendations and perhaps this will help you with your visit. I've lived in the LA area all my life. I love everything that Southern California has to offer. Mountains, the beach, every single concert tour comes by, plays, fabulous restaurants, festivals every weekend, shopping deals and excursions - it's all right here. And to travel to any destination is so easy because we literally have access to several airports. So, even though we have to deal with smog, traffic and earthquakes, the pros, more than, out way the cons.
Los Angeles freeway video from the 101 to 10
Mostly, Italian inspired food. They have a wood fire pizza oven and pasta dishes on the menu. The duck procuitto on... more travel advice
I say "Frenchesque" because it's sorta French but not really. Chicken pate on toast was the best thing on the menu! We... more travel advice
GracesTrips' Related Pages
Los Angeles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles""
- "Getting at the Heart of L.A."
- "Coming to LA, see what all of SoCal has to offer!"
- "Los Angeles"
- "My Hometown: Los Angeles"
- "Gloss Angeles"
- "City of the Angels"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Los Angeles
- Hotels in Los Angeles
- Transportation in Los Angeles
- Nightlife in Los Angeles
- Restaurants in Los Angeles
- Shopping in Los Angeles
- Warnings and Dangers in Los Angeles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Los Angeles
- 87 Reviews
- 401 Photos
- 142 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Los Angeles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Los Angeles
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Has anyone heard from Wal, VT..."
- created a Los Angeles Travelogue "Brewery Art Walk April 2015"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Brewery Art Walk April 2015"
- Wrote a Review Don't miss the Desserts! in Los Angeles Restaurants
- Uploaded a Video to Los Angeles
- Commented on one of GracesTrips's Los Angeles tips
Photos in Los AngelesSee All Photos (401)
Videos in Los AngelesSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 118 reviews, 406 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 87 reviews, 406 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paso Robles Intro, 65 reviews, 255 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tahiti Intro, 32 reviews, 182 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 41 reviews, 166 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 38 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 29 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 27 reviews, 152 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 42 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues