"Go Sky Diving!" Lake Elsinore by GracesTrips

Lake Elsinore Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 63 photos

One of the ultimate thrills to experience is jumping out of a plane and experience a 60 second free fall of 120 miles per hour then spend the next 4 to 5 minutes floating down to earth. Wow, the adrenaline rush actually makes you feel even more brave as you approach the door way of the plane and your instructor who is strapped to you says "Ready, Set, Go!" There's no turning back now. In my mind I'm thinking let's get this over with but once I'm in the air and I pull the parashute, it's quieter than I expected and traveling downward is smoother than I anticipated. The views are very impressive from way up there. Turning makes me feel dizzy. We fast approach the ground and we land on our butts. I get up laughing and thought that was a great experience but probably not something I wanna do again anytime soon. If you have never done this - you should. As least one time in your life!

Lake Elsinore is about an hour and 15 minutes southeast of Los Angeles. It's not as far as San Diego but it's in the "boonies" if you live in LA County. There are only a couple of places you can sky dive in SoCal. Lake Elsinore is one of them and somewhere near Santa Barbara is the other. See my travelogue for more photos and my things to do tip for more info on tandem sky diving.

• Last visit to Lake Elsinore: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 24, 2008

Travelogues (1)

Comments

GracesTrips

“So many places, so little time.....”

Badges & Stats in Lake Elsinore

Have you been to Lake Elsinore?

Latest Activity in Lake Elsinore