"A Town within a Bigger Town!" Hollywood by GracesTrips

Hollywood Travel Guide: 453 reviews and 1,313 photos

Hollywood is actually in Los Angeles and I have lots of tips on my LA page that may include Hollywood pics & tips. Los Angeles encompasses several smaller cities or burroughs. So, I might not get all my tips into this section regarding Hollywood, I might accidently post something under Los Angeles instead. I'll try to keep it separate so it's not too confusing.

There are lots of famous streets in Hollywood such as Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood Boulevard, Santa Monica, La Brea, Vine and Melrose. I think Melrose offers a unique, one-of-a-kind, shopping experience. It's affordable and great for people watching. I also think Sunset Boulevard is wonderful east of La Brea and before entering Beverly Hills. But probably the most popular part of Hollywood is near Hollywood and Highland where the Kodak Theatre and Grauman's Chinese Theatre is located and lots of people are hoping to see movie stars out and about. Also, The Pantages Theatre is a great place to see the latest plays. It is iconic that the preservation of this beautiful theater is just remarkable. An unknown restaurant to dine at before or after the show at the Pantages would be Off Vine just a few blocks away.

Hiking up to the Hollywood sign is not as easy as one may think. We were happy to find the way. Details posted under Sports Travel Tip.

This isn't the greatest quality YouTube road trip at Highland and Hollywood Avenues. Taken with my itsy bitsy Casio camera.

Stars can be seen on the sidewalks of Hollywood. This one is on the west side of Vine just north of Sunset Blvd.

• Last visit to Hollywood: Mar 2012
  • Intro Updated Mar 21, 2012

Comments

GracesTrips

“So many places, so little time.....”

Badges & Stats in Hollywood

Have you been to Hollywood?

Latest Activity in Hollywood